cancel

VMX support matrix (TL2000)

Highlighted
carlosbronson1
Contributor.

VMX support matrix (TL2000)

Hello.

Any VMX support matrix available?

I would like to check for TL2000 supportability.

Best regards,

Carlos.

4 REPLIES
Ashok Goyat
Respected Contributor.

Re: VMX support matrix (TL2000)

Hi Carlos,

VMX user guide has information about supported devices.  If you have installed VM Explorer then you can find "HPE VM Explorer user guide" at C:\Program Files (x86)\HPE\VM Explorer\Documentation.

Regards

Ashok Goyat

MichaelFunke
Honored Contributor.

When you look into the User Guide, you will see that the Dell PowerVault TL2000 is not on the list of currently supported tape devices.
In theory, all devices that can bee seen with a correct driver in Windows Device Manager work.
However, we can only take devices into our support matrix that have been tested by us or have gone thru a self evaluation at the library vendor or a customer site.

From here we have three options:

1. You ask your tape library vendor to contact HPE for a self evaluation.
  2. You hook up the tape library to the HPE VM Explorer host, make sure the correct drivers are loaded and test the funtionality. In case all works, you open a support case and request the self evaluation documentation.
  3. You hook up the tape library to the HPE VM Explorer host, make sure the correct drivers are loaded and test the funtionality. In case it does not work, you open a support case and request that an enhancement request is openend, so that your tape library can be supported in an upcoming version of HPE VM Explorer.

Let me know in case anything is still unclear.

carlosbronson1
Contributor.

Thank you, Ashok.

As I work as field sales, I usually do not install VMX, so I don't have access to this file. Is it possible for you to forward it to my email Personal Info Erased ?

Best regards,

Carlos.

carlosbronson1
Contributor.

It is very clear, Michael.

Thank you.