cancel

Unable to set Schedule - HPE VM Explorer 6.1.005

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Algot
Regular Contributor.

Unable to set Schedule - HPE VM Explorer 6.1.005

Enterprise Edition. Running on a trial license, which expires 2016-12-31.

Installed VMx and added the license key without problems.

Hereafter three servers were added; one ESXi and two Hyper-V. Manually initiated backups completed successfully.

Issue:  I'm unable to add schedules.. The User Guide describes to methods - one by right click on the server under Datacenter view, and one via the Tasks pane, but neither give me an option to create a schedule.

As VMx is a trial version only, I do expect some limitations, but as the purpose is customer presentations and trainings, I'd like Trilead to confirm this as a 'trial-version limitation'  -  or even better, guidance on how to solve the problem

Hints and tips are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Per Algot

Per Algot
2 REPLIES
Algot
Regular Contributor.
Solution

Re: Unable to set Schedule - HPE VM Explorer 6.1.005

Problem solved. Found out how to double-click on the server to expand and select the VMs to backup

Right-click now shows all the options - including Create New Backup Schedule....

Per Algot
Sandeep Kumar S
Honored Contributor.

Re: Unable to set Schedule - HPE VM Explorer 6.1.005

Hello,

Thanks for the response. Any trial license used “Professional Edition or Enterprise Edition”, will have all the feature available. There is no limitation for feature, but limitation on number days the license can run. Please refer the link below:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/vm-server-backup/index.html#&swanchor=offerings

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sandeep