Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Certificate in Web Server settings

Highlighted
tkoehler
Occasional Advisor

How to change Certificate in Web Server settings

Hello,

after succesfull installation I've created a webserver certificate from our internal microsoft pki and tried to assign it via web server settings - obvoiusly the "Browse.." button has no function. The only thing I can do creating self signed certificate (now I have a lot of it) which will be used. I wasn't able neither selecting one of the self signed certificate nor the certtificate from our pki...

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Torsten

5 REPLIES
Ashok Goyat
Regular Collector

Re: How to change Certificate in Web Server settings

Hello,

A self-signed https certificate for VM Explorer® is automatically installed on the “Local Computer” in the “Personal” store.

Use the Certificates console, a snap-in to Microsoft Management Console (MMC), to view a Local Computer's personal certificate stores and check if it displays the self-signed https certificate for VM Explorer®

In order to select a user trusted certificate, click on the “Browse…” button. This option permits to see all the valid certificates and choose one of them.

Please note that only certificates installed on “Local Computer” and in the following folders can be used:
Personal
Trusted Root Certification Authorities
Intermediate Certification Authorities
Trusted Publishers
Untrusted Certificates
Third-Party Root Certification Authorities
Trusted People
Other People

The “Friendly Name” (or the “Issuer By” name if the first is not available) of the current https certificate is displayed in the “Certificate” field. Otherwise VM Explorer® will show "Certificate not found.”

Regards

Ashok Goyat

tkoehler
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

thats what I did.

Meanwhile there are four selfsigned certificates in personal computer certificate store + the certificate issued by our Microsoft PKI. Nevertheless the Browse-Button shows no reaction...

Best regards

Torsten

Ashok Goyat
Regular Collector

Hello,

Could you provide screen shots of Certificates console, to view Local Computer's personal certificate stores, along with properties of certificates stored in store? 

Also the screen shot of VMX browse (webserver settings).

Regards

Ashok Goyat

tkoehler
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

please find attached the desired screenshots:

001.png

(the higlighted certificate is issued from our PKI)

002.png

Best Regards

Torsten

Ashok Goyat
Regular Collector

Hello,

Thanks for sharing screen shots, the certficate looks good. This needs more investigation, I would request you to open a support case and provide us additional debug report along with certificate properties.

Regards

Ashok Goyat

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event