VM Explorer Practitioner Forum
cancel

Cannot change admin password or login - "Database not initialized"

Highlighted
droberts12
New Member.

Cannot change admin password or login - "Database not initialized"

Hi all,

Trying to trial HPE VMX, but after installation I cannot proceed to the web interface at all as I cannot change the admin password or login.  I get the following error:

"Unable to Update Administrator Password: Admin user admin not found: Database not initialized! Please contact your System Administrator."

I understand the above password change is needed before opening the Web UI but this is a complete non-starter!

Are there any logs?

Help would be appreciated so I can trial this product please.  

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Ashok Goyat
Respected Contributor.

Re: Cannot change admin password or login - "Database not initialized"

Hi,

You can use Legacy Interface from C:\Program Files (x86)\HPE\VM Explorer\VMX.exe and configure VM explorer.

Also from this interface you can try to set the password of web interface.

Go to File Menu -> Settings -> Web Interface. Here you can set the password for the Web Interface.

hope this helps.

Regards

Ashok Goyat

StephenAldous
Super Contributor.

Hi, launch the VM Explorer starter application from the desktop (globe icon). The application will have a "Web Settings" link in the bottom-right corner. Click on this to get to the web settings and set the password.

web settings.png

web settings 2.png

-Stephen.
Peter70
Contributor.

Hi Stephen, i am also new with VM Explorer. I get the same Message "Database not initialized" after Reboot our Windows 2012 R2 Server. I tried your answer, but it did not work. Do you have another Tip? Peter
StephenAldous
Super Contributor.

Hi, please try the following:

• Ensure to have the latest version of VM Explorer installed (v6.2)
  • Stop the service: In the “Services” app in Windows (select HPE VM Explorer and stop the service)
  • Delete the database files: delete all the contents of the folder “C:\ProgramData\Trilead\VMX\DB”
  • Restart the service: In the “Services” app in Windows select (HPE VM Explorer and start the service)

If this does not solve the problem, we will need to see a debug report.

-Stephen.
Peter70
Contributor.

Thank you for the quick answer.

These Steps solved the problem.

Only a new admin Passwort must set with VMXStarter.exe.

Peter