Unified Functional Testing Practitioners Forum
cancel

UFT 12.01 is not identifying the objects in Chrome.

Sha_9008
Contributor.

UFT 12.01 is not identifying the objects in Chrome.

Hi,

I have installed UFT 12.01 build 1112. Chrome version 36.0.1985.125m and chrome agent "HP unified functional testing agent - 12.0.1112.0". But UFT is not able to identify objects.Its identifying as "Winobject - Chrome Legacy Window"

I have tried installing this extension manually as well by reading one of the article in this site. But didn't work.

I found two crx files, "Agent.crx" and "AgentLegacy.crx" in hp bin folder. I was able to identify objects when I unpacked the "AgentLegacy.crx" file installed this extension to the chrome.  But once I killed the Chrome browser process, then onwards again the same problem of not identifying the objects.

I do think "AgentLegacy.crx" file is corrupted, Is there any way to download these crx files in hp site?. Or Please suggest a solution for this, its quite urgent.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES
qtpmadhu301
Contributor.

Re: UFT 12.01 is not identifying the objects in Chrome.

I am also facing same problem and desparately looking for the solution.

UFT 12.00 Build 0511

Version 36.0.1985.125m

Thanks!

Sha_9008
Contributor.

Hi,

I am not sure is it the right forum to post UFT related issues, I didn't get any response/acknowledgement for the query raised. Could anybody please suggest the forum if its not the correct one.

And also not sure can I raise a support call on behalf of my organisation as a licenced user. Please suggest.

Thanks.

qtpmadhu301
Contributor.

Removed existing Agent and  installed Web Add-in Agent manually for Chrome  then it worked.

16 steps involved in this process.

Highlighted
Tollens
Regular Contributor.

I had to record it in IE and play it back using chrome.

LeeorV
New Member.

Madhu, can you please post your full process? 

SMKashyap
New Member.

Has anybody found a solution to tihis problem yet?  If yes, please post the solution here