Unified Functional Testing Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UFT 11.5 Crashed recording with I.E. browser 9.0.8112.....

Highlighted
TinMan4
Occasional Contributor

UFT 11.5 Crashed recording with I.E. browser 9.0.8112.....

UFT/QTP 11.5

Add-ins enabled

.NET

Active X

Java

Web

Is there a specific patch I need to install for UFT/QTP 11.5 to record with Internet Explorer 9.

When I start a GUI test with I.E. 9 and select any event/ link on the screen the web browser is crashing.

6 REPLIES
DDM_Automation
HPE Expert

Re: UFT 11.5 Crashed recording with I.E. browser 9.0.8112.....

Hi ,

Open UFT only with Web add-in ( do not select Active , .Net and other add-ins ) and try to reproduce the issue.

Regards,

( HP is encouraging to use separate QTP Forum for customers who has HP support contract. Other similar HP customers and HP support Engineers will be participating in the Forum.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Functional-Testing-QTP-Support/bd-p/functional-test-qtp-support-customer-for#.UDMGFt0gd48 )

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

( Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HPE in any way . )
TinMan4
Occasional Contributor

Re: UFT 11.5 Crashed recording with I.E.. Browser 9.0.8112.....

Getting same error as before. 

Internet Explorer has stopped working.

DDM_Automation
HPE Expert

Open QTP with only Web add-in.

Now launch IE without any add-ons.

Start-> Run. And then type "iexplore.exe –extoff"   ( no quotes ) and press enter.

Test now.

Regards,

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

( Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HPE in any way . )
TinMan4
Occasional Contributor

Same error. 

sgaddam
Acclaimed Contributor

Same problem am facing with the UFT 11.52 version , working with the Flash game and selecting the ADD-ins and choosing them appropriately is issue ,

can you give brief Information on the add-ins to be used for flash games automation by the Insight Recording!

Replay soon will be Appreciated.

Thanks,

Santosh

mhreddy
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: UFT 11.5 Crashed recording with I.E. browser 9.0.8112.....

I am also getting same problem, IE is taking long time to open through UFT 11.52 

Selected below Add ins

.Net

Java

Web

Please suggest.

thank you

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event