It's very strange and one of the most unexpected behaviour found with UFT11.5 , where it is not able to show us "Name Redefined" error to us if any variable is written twice in same DIM statement or redifened in same function (See Below Example).
Dim sVar01, sVar02, sVar01
If above code is written in QTP11.0 and below then we get an appropriate message saying "Name redefined" and pointer goes to the correct line of code, but UFT 11.5 is just numb in this case. it neither throws an error nor goes to any pointer. it just avoid to execute that Function/Action where ever this practice is followed (by mistake).
I spent hours and hours to get the issue where i was not able to execute the entire action where 100s line of code were written. Eventually i found that there was varible which was Decalared twice in the code and was causing issue.
did anyone faced same problem with their UFT version?
I tried this on one more machine where UFT11.5 is installed and found Same issue there.
Please allow me to write my deed here :-)
Initially in my both of the machine UFT11.52 were installed, but I was experiencing lagging in UFT, hence I reinstalled UFT11.5 in both of machine.
Now I don't have any other fresh machine to check if this issue still persists. But if you people have not observed the same, then here we can say that after "un-installation" of patches for UFT11.52 could be the reason for that. :-)
Beside that, did you people feel that UFT is quite slower than QTP11.0? UFT might have tons of changes and enhancements, but personally I am disappointed by the execution + debugger Speed of UFT.
Please note that, yes, UFT is quite "bigger" than QTP and therefore requires more system resources. The more they are, the better UFT would perform. You can also try suggestions from following article (Please let me know if you are not able to open it): http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM177647
Regarding the "Name Redefined" problem, as already suggested, please make sure you have all the prerequisites installed.
Below are some suggestions to improve QTP/UFT performance from the article:
1. Do not load unnecessary add-ins in the Add-in Manager when QTP/UFT starts. This will improve both recording time and test run performance.
2. Run your tests in "Fast mode." From Tools > Options > Run tab dialog box (in UFT: Tools > Options > GUI Testing > Test Runs), select the "Fast mode" option. This instructs QTP/UFT to run your test without displaying the execution arrow for each step, enabling the test to run faster.
7. Decrease related timeout settings (these depend of the applications under testing). Such would be time variables that QTP/UFT will wait to recognize an object in the application if is not possible to recognize it the first time.
(Any Add-in) File > Settings... > Run > Object Synchronization Time Out
(Web Add-in only) File > Settings... > Web > Browser Navigation Time Out
8. Disable Smart Identification: File > Settings... > Run Option
9. If the scripts are located in a Network Share Drive, please move them to the local file system.
10. If using a concurrent license server, create the variable LSFORCEHOST (if not already there) to force QTP/UFT to search the license in specific machine and omit the broadcasting performed when you open QTP/UFT every time.
11. (Web Add-in) Setup under HKEY_Current_User\Software\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\MicTest\Packages\WebPackage\Settings following entries:
IgnoreHiddenFrames = 1
InteractiveSync = 1
OptimizeElementConnection = 1
12. QTP, under Tools > Options > Windows Applications > Advanced > "Always Enumerate child windows" is unchecked
“HP Support If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”