UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uCMDB: root_container

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
HP_UCMDB

uCMDB: root_container

Hello

I'm creating a relationship between a subsystem, CICS Region and CICS list. On the CICS list I receive an error stating "Reconciliation DataIn - not enough reconciliation data. (name and root_container)". There is a containment relationship between the CICS region and CICS list. The name is one of the attributes being populated. The root_container attribute was selected on the CICS List CIT, but not referenced in the ORM.XML as I do not know what value it should contain. What is CICS List's the root_container and how are these used in the ORM.XML? 

Regards

Simon

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

2 REPLIES
HP_UCMDB

Re: uCMDB: root_container

Hello

I'm creating a relationship between a subsystem, CICS Region and CICS list. On the CICS list I receive an error stating "Reconciliation DataIn - not enough reconciliation data. (name and root_container)". There is a containment relationship between the CICS region and CICS list. The name is one of the attributes being populated. The root_container attribute was selected on the CICS List CIT, but not referenced in the ORM.XML as I do not know what value it should contain. What is the root_container for CICS List and how is this used/referenced in the ORM.XML/TQL/Pacjkage? 

Regards

Simon

HP_UCMDB
Solution

Re: uCMDB: root_container

root_container is an attribute used when child CI is related to its parent CI using composition relationship. This is 'one to many' relationship, meaning child can have only one parent linked with composition relationship. Composition relationship is defined in CIT Manager for each specific CIT. If that relationship is defined, child CI cannot be created without being related to its parent. For example – CPU CI cannot be created unless you create composition relationship to its parent - Node CI. 

Root_container is an attribute which holds parent Cis ID. This way UCMDB makes sure there can be only one parent, and this attribute is used as key attribute which makes it mandatory. That prevents creation of Cis without the parent – for example CPU will not be created, because UCMDB will seek for a value for root_container, and unless you define Composition relationship to a parent, it won't find that value.

This attribute exists on all CIT, but not used on all of them. Only CIT which have composition relationship valid, and they are defined as child CIT, only those would use root_container attribute.

I think you need to go to CIT manager and take a look at valid relationships defined for you CIT. Lets make sure that root_container is in use at all.

If you are looking for example, take a look at the SM integration, the part that handles Interface CIT.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event