UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

uCMDB discovery using telnet, ssh

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Rohit Satabhai
Frequent Contributor.

uCMDB discovery using telnet, ssh

Hi,
I am trying to do a discovery of windows macines using Telnet and ssh. However I am getting the following discovery error

<< Progress message, Severity: Error>>
Telnet: Internal error. Details: No such attribute: protocol_port in protocol

i am able to telnet the windows machines from the dataflow probe yet it fails from uCMDB.

uCMDB Version : 9.02
Dataflow probe version : 9.01

Please help.
Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES
Dmitry Shevchenko
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: uCMDB discovery using telnet, ssh

UCMDB server and Data Flow Probe versions must be identical - either both 9.01 or both 9.02.
Rohit Satabhai
Frequent Contributor.

But I did not find a dataflow probe setup for uCMDB version 9.02. the available uCMDB version for download was 9.10. Correct me if I am wrong.
Dmitry Shevchenko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Here is the direct link to download UCMDB 9.02 patch. It has both UCMDB server installation file and probe installation file:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1014940

What is called UCMDB 9.10 is nothing but Configuration Manager 9.10 with UCMDB server 9.02.
haytham_hosny
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi ,

First , you have to use the same version for DDM as UCMDB

if you wold like to discvoer windows machines , you can the WMI jobs and host resources job.

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny
Rohit Satabhai
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks for the help. uCMDB is now able to discover using Telnet and ssh after installing DFP with 9.02 version.

While discovering Oracle database by SQL, I am getting an error Invalid IPString Specified:DEFAULTPROBELIMIT:

Though it has successfully discovered using TCPPorts and using Host Resources by Shell.