UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

uCMDB discovery of x64 windows

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Kirk Dahl
Super Contributor.

uCMDB discovery of x64 windows

Has anyone seen this? error when probing x64 Windows machines. The probe fails and then on the Windows server error states "Description: The xCmd Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified."

The probe error states that to change the registry setting for the \\HKLM\system\Currentcontrolset\services\xcmdsvc\wow64 to 0.

This is alwasys set to 1. Problem is that you can change it to 0, but the serviec is deleted and recreated each time the discovery probes run. So the service comes back with the same settings each time.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES
Dmitry Shevchenko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: uCMDB discovery of x64 windows

If you run uCMDB 8.0x upgrade to the latest CP (CP4). This issue has been fixed in CP2 or CP3 (don't remember which one exactly), but CP4 incorporates the fix as well.
Kirk Dahl
Super Contributor.

Thanks for the response but I am running 8.03 and I believe the CP 3 was just released last week.
Dmitry Shevchenko
Acclaimed Contributor.

CP3 was originally released in July and had some problems that were quickly fixed and this "fixed" CP3 version replaced the original one.

CP4 has been released in October. That's why I suggested that you install CP4.
Kirk Dahl
Super Contributor.

Do you have a link to it? I can only see 8.03 (BAC_00653) 9/29/09 on support.hp.openview.com.

Kirk Dahl
Super Contributor.

My bad, wrong product.. tgif.

I mentioned BAC, but I still only see the 8.03 for DDM posted 9/9/09

Dmitry Shevchenko
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

You should differentiate between service packs and content packs. The latest service pack is 8.03, the latest content pack is CP4. Content Packs can be installed on any service packs starting from 8.01, but the latest service pack is always preferred.

Content Packs cannot be found at HP Support Site. You have to contact your HP sales rep to get them, or go to DDM Community Portal at https://h20090.www2.hp.com/ where CP3 and CP4 are available for download.