The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uCMDB Web Service query doesn't return all attributes

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
IntApp_1
Regular Collector

uCMDB Web Service query doesn't return all attributes

I have an uCMDB fundation version 9.0 installation.
I want to get some uCMDB CI full information. First I tried to use the getCIsById method with an ID, but it only returned the ID and type. The returned properties variable was empty. Then I tried using executeTopologyQueryByName against an uCMDB query I created, still only see IDs and types, no other CI attributes. But executeTopologyQueryByName can return some other attributes of the same CIs when using system built-in integration query "hostExtendedData".

I'm new to uCMDB. I believe my problem is related to setup. But I don't see where/how to setup this in the two cases.

Any help is highly appreciated.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

5 REPLIES
Amit Erental
Honored Contributor

Re: uCMDB Web Service query doesn't return all attributes

Hi,

you need to specify which properties to fetch.

this can be done by 2 ways:

1. By the query manager:

in the query , right click the node, choose node properties, click "Advanced layout settings", and select the required attributes

2. By the API:

see ODB developer reference help/pdf (help->doc library), page 289 "Specifying Properties to Return" for all the ways to specify the properties to return.
see also examples in the examples section
IntApp_1
Regular Collector

Hi Amit,
Thanks for helping me again.
Your "By the query manager" worked.
But I can't make "By the API" work with the getCIsById method.
I don't have exactly the doc you mentioned, but I believe I found the same doc part online. According to the doc, I can return all the CI attributes by using a "CONCRETE" SimpleTypedPredefinedProperty. My request is as below, the response returned, but still no attributes.

Test

nt

CONCRETE

4da8fe9ee18421317d696e7d8586cb72

What am I doing wrong?

Amit Erental
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

here is a link to the doc:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM939194/binary/UCMDB9.01_Dev_Ref.pdf?searchIdentifier=-7d7ed7b3%3a12b792edb22%3a-394e&resultType=document

the API in the machine:
C:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\deploy\ucmdb-docs\docs\eng\doc_lib\
DevRef_guide\CMDB_Schema\webframe.html

the Ucmdb version PDF holds the data on page 286. you also have detailed example for this on the examples section.

Make sure you follow the structure defined by the schema, not sure this line from your request is needed : ""

Make sure no errors on the error.log file

does no properties are returned ? after making sure the request structure is OK,try with the DERIVED and NAMING options
IntApp_1
Regular Collector

Base on the docs you provided, I found it was because of the type value. When I changed the type to some of the types in the hierarchy, I got something returned. So look like no pre-defined rules can return "all" attributes.
Thanks for your help!
IntApp_1
Regular Collector

see comment above.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event