UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

uCMDB SQL Discovery

Highlighted
JamesII
Honored Contributor.

uCMDB SQL Discovery

I'm trying to discovery a SQL database. I'm able to connect to the database via an ODBC connection. In the ODBC connection, I have to use the option: With Windows NT authentication using the network login ID. I'm not able to use SQL Server authentication option. Is there a way, in the uCMDB probe setup to use the same option? It seem the uCMDB is only to connect to an SQL Server using SQL Server authentication option.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
Dmitry Shevchenko
HPE Expert

Re: uCMDB SQL Discovery

uCMDB does allow you to use Windows authentication to connect to SQL Server. While defining an entry for "SQL Protocol" select "MicrosoftSQLServerNTLM" as Database Type and provide credentials in the form of domain\username and password.

If you run uCMDB 8.0 or higher you are done. Otherwise, your DDM probe service should also run under the same domain\username account in order for authentication to work.
JamesII
Honored Contributor.

We are running uCMDB 7.5. Currently our uCMDB Probe Service is running as Local System. So I'm guessing that I'm not going to be able to discovery this database and the data.
Dave D.
Outstanding Contributor.

You just need to change the service from running as Local System to a domain account that has access to the database... pretty simple solution.