The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uCMDB. How to install new uCMDB server with old DB?

Highlighted
Łukasz Toczyski
Occasional Contributor

uCMDB. How to install new uCMDB server with old DB?

I have uCMDB Server working with Oracle DB.
I would like to install uCMDB on another server (and remove old one) but with the same DB and existing schemas.

Can I use the same license for another app server?

If I use a new license can I connect to existing DB? What other configuration/changes should be done to start new app server without old app server.

What is "Basic License" option during installation process?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY
Dmitry Shevchen

Re: uCMDB. How to install new uCMDB server with old DB?

To move uCMDB server to another host you can follow procedures for building a DR environment. For details please see chapter 19 "Disaster Recovery Setup" in uCMDB 8.0x Deployment guide. Just skip steps relating to Database moving as you plan to use the existing schemas on the same DB server host.

Yes, you can use the same license file on the new uCMDB server. You not only can but have to connect to existing schemas of the same Oracle DB.

"Basic License" option means uCMDB Foundation only, with no discovery capabilities, i.e. you can populate uCMDB manually or through OOB integrations.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event