UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

uCMDB Export Reports

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
JamesII
Honored Contributor.

uCMDB Export Reports

I've created a simple view/report that will return all "Hosts" and related "IP Address". The results include ~45,000 Hosts, IPs, and relationships. The issue is I can't export the information into EXCEL. I load the report and click generate, it opens a new IE window with ~1600 pages of information, I then click the export to excel link, wait about 30 minutes and I then get about 13,000 Hosts, IPs, and rels....about 1/3 of the actual results. What am I doing wrong?
16 REPLIES
Dmitry Shevchenko
HPE Expert
Solution

Re: uCMDB Export Reports

Instead of creating one giant report you may consider creating several smaller reports covering the same 45,000 hosts. Smaller chunks may be based e.g. on host types (Windows, UNIX, switches etc.) or IP ranges.
JamesII
Honored Contributor.

Yes, creating smaller reports would probably work but is it a viable option? Why is the uCMDB limiting the number of CIs being exported? If the report has 45,000 CIs in the report then I would expect the tool to export 45,000 CIs.

Is there another way to export the info I need?
Tomer Eckhous
Outstanding Contributor.

Since the amount is very big, you just encountered timeout, that is the reason it showed you only 13000 hosts.

As Dimitry suggested you need to slice them by some of those options:
HOST TYPE
OS TYPE
IP RANGES
HOST NAME

Generate smaller reports that ends up to 45000 hosts.

BTW: 45000 hosts I must say that is the biggest number that I heard so far.
JamesII
Honored Contributor.

I hate time outs...hated them as a kid....hate them now as an adult. Is there a way to increase the time out value?

45000 Hosts is about 1/2 of our environment. We have not turned discovery on full blast yet. Total number of CIs so far is 106000 and change....
Sergey Stefurak
Acclaimed Contributor.

James,
I've never tried this but may suggest the followiing:
1. Try to generate csv report - this may happen it's being generated more efficiently.
2. When generating the report, not click "Open" but save to the filesystem insrtead.

This may improve the performance a little bit.

PS: your number of hosts looks impressing..
Edward Fultz
Honored Contributor.

When using the OpenAPI there is a configuration limitation. I realize this is not the OpenAPI but could it be there may be a configuration limit for the uCMDB, also?
JamesII
Honored Contributor.

I'm just wondering if this is an HTTP time out. I noticed that when I was generating/downloading the report it is going over port 8080. I'm in talks with the server/apache owner to see if there is a configurable options for this.
Tomer Eckhous
Outstanding Contributor.

The openapi doesn't support the CMDB data, it is more sample oriented and CMDB is not a sample.

sconway
Super Contributor.

Hi Experts,

i was searching the forum for UCMDB reports and I found this thread. I face problem with the reports. When I hit generate, it opens a new IE window but it is blank and doesn not yield any output . I gave a very small output to the report to see how it looks, but I could see nothing. I have been trying to find a solution for this for quiet sometime now, any tips or suggestions in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot
JamesII
Honored Contributor.

Version of uCMDB? Version of Java?
sconway
Super Contributor.

Hi

UCMDB version is 7.50 and java 6 update 10.

I have attached the screen shot for your review

Thanks
JamesII
Honored Contributor.

to me it looks and sounds like a Java error. Try closing the uCMDB and all IE sessions. Go into the java console and clear the java cache. try again. If that does not work, try restarting the uCMDB Services on the server. have you tried other reports? Build one from scratch. Also, are you sure that the report has CIs to return?
sconway
Super Contributor.

I did try the options that you mentioned. But it still did not work. I definitely know that the report has CIs to show as the tql calculator gives back numbers to me.
Asaf Valadarsky
Super Contributor.

it happens to me aswell.

does any one have a solution for this?

Thanks,

Asaf
Alexander Arkhi
Acclaimed Contributor.

Unfortunately, there's no solution for that at the moment.
You cannot generate report in Excel format with >32k rows. It is a technical limitation which is being looked further to overcome.
Asaf Valadarsky
Super Contributor.

Hi Alex,

My reports are not being generated although it is a new BAC 8.02 installation (even if it is a report of one host and its display lable).

Thanks,

Asaf