The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uCMDB Discovery Duplicates nodes and IPs

Highlighted
10forever
Regular Collector

uCMDB Discovery Duplicates nodes and IPs

Hii Experts,

I'm facing a serious a problem and i spent a lot of time thinking about the root cause but nothing until now. So, here is my problem : 

I'have 5 probes and only one of them can execute the SNMP Jobs, so i have to exclude its ranges from the other probes but after running HostResources ans Applications i found that IPs duplicate and also the related nodes. I don't know why this IPs are duplicate even if i have excluded the ranges from other Probes.

Also on the IPs i found no information except the IP Value, Display Name, Updated By and the routing domain which is incorrect correponding to the probe ranges.

Thank you in advance, i really need a help about this. 

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

8 REPLIES
Asaf Shechter

Re: uCMDB Discovery Duplicates nodes and IPs

hi,

There are multiple discovery jobs that can create IPs and Nodes (for example: if there was network connectivity between a server you discovered to another server, DDMa can see this based on ports and IPs).

duplications of IP is usually because of different routingDomain. check that attribute on the 2 CIs that you think should be the same and also check the identification rule (in CIT Manager > details tab) for IP address and see why they were not reconciled.

10forever
Regular Collector

Thanks for ur reply,

i've alread checked the routing domain attribute and it's different in the 2 CIs. I tried to set the identifier only to the display name but an error message appeare that tell that the identifier should be unique (i suppose because there is already some IPs). This issue duplicates also nodes and subnets when i run.

When i run the Layer 2 jobs DDMA can't reconcile some CI because so some of them don't have the Layer2Connection related CI.

Another thing is that i have one probe which can do an SNMP on a network element, so i have to eliminate those IPs from others probes.

Thank you so much. 

Asaf Shechter

if you discover in the same network, then why are you using different routingDomains?

10forever
Regular Collector

We are using multiple probes for performance reasons not to make one probe do the whole discovery . Am i right about that choice??

10forever
Regular Collector

Sorry i have not understand your response. You're right we will do that by including all the probes in the same domain. is this what you are talking about??

Asaf Shechter

each probe has an attribute of routing domain, which is reported with some of the CITs.

I suggest you investigate more in that area.

b_bravi
Frequent Visitor

You didnt specify the version of the uCMDB which you are referring. I assume that it is 9.x.

Duplicate of hosts is different concept in 8.x and 9.x

10forever
Regular Collector

I'm using uCMDB 9.05 with CUP1.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event