UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uCMDB Automatic Deletion

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jiojiv
Super Collector

uCMDB Automatic Deletion

Hi all

I had installed uCMDB v8.03 in Window platform and the case as below:
A host CI contains 4 CPUs and try to remove 2 CPU physically. Try to discover once and result there are only 2 CPU remain. In IT Universe Manager, It still show the host relate to 4 CPU. How I can reflect this change immediately? I try to configure the Automatic Deletion but not work, see attachment. How I can make it work? Thanks

Regards
Jiojiv

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

8 REPLIES
Dmitry Shevchen
HPE Expert
Solution

Re: uCMDB Automatic Deletion

When did you enable Automatic Deletion? After the initial job run that returned 4 CPUs, or after the subsequent job run that returned 2 CPUs?
Jiojiv
Super Collector

Dear Dmitry Shevchenko

It is after remove 2 CPU physically. Do you mean that it should enable the automatic deletion when 4 cpu and it will work?

Regards
Jiojiv
Dmitry Shevchen
HPE Expert

Yes, this is what I meant.
Jiojiv
Super Collector

Hi Dmitry Shevchenko

My testing steps as below:
-I try to delete the host CI and recover to 4 CPUs.
-Enable the automatic deletion to add CPU.
-Discover again the Host CI and result 4 cpu.
-remove 2 cpu physically
-re-discovery the host again & result 2 cpu

From IT Universe Manager, there are still have 4 cpu & there have no delete action. Please advise me any steps I missing, thanks

Regards
Jiojiv
Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor

Where did you "delete CPUs physically" from the host machine as a hardware of from UCMDB as an object?
In order CPUs to be automatically deleted from UCMDB, they shouldn't be discovered from destination machine.
Jiojiv
Super Collector

Hi Alexander Arkhireyev

I'm remove the 2 CPUs hardware physically. Then, next discovery result that remains 2 CPUs, and there are not any delete CI action. Thanks

Regards
Jiojiv
Oleh Boiko
Regular Collector

Hi,

Please pay attention to the setting "Enable automatic deletion" (you can see it also on your screenshot). In case there was "Warning" reported by the job, Automatic deletion won't happen.

If this is the case, try to set the value of this parameter to "Always" or "On Success or Warnings".

Regards,
Oleh
Jiojiv
Super Collector

Dear Oleh Boiko

Thanks for your reply!
I had modified to Always run the automatic deletion, but still haven't any delete action. Any log file I can use for investigation? Thanks

Regards
Jiojiv
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event