uCMDB 9.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Deniz Cendere
Valued Contributor.

uCMDB 9.0

Hi all,

We are planning to upgrade our uCMDB 8.0 as soon as possible. But we couldnt decide the version to upgrade. Which one do you recommend, 8.04 or 9.0 ? Do you have any idea about the stability of these versions?
Also has anyone upgraded to 9.0 ?

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES
haytham_hosny
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: uCMDB 9.0

Hi ,

I am already installed UCMDB 9 at the moment , it's very good enhanced version than UCMDB 8.04 the GUI structured is changed , become an automated with in the views, really it's very good so my advice to go to UCMDB 9 sure, also you can read the release notes for the product to know in details what is the enhancement

Hope this helps you

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny
Deniz Cendere
Valued Contributor.

Thanks Haytham,

Do you think that it is stable? Have you had any problems?
I mean, are there any functionalities/patterns that are not working with 9.0 , although it works with 8.04 ?

Thanks
Deniz
haytham_hosny
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi ,

yes it's very stable than before and really it's very good also it's included CP9 and it's an updated version than CP6.

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny
Warren Kerr
Valued Contributor.

Hello,

My experience does not necessarily compare your "upgrade" scenario...

We are in the process of implementing SM7, uCMDB and a few other products "from scratch".

HP believed that V9 delivered enough benefits to our specific situation that they recommended to delay the implementation of uCMDB within our project.

This was particularly as a result of reduced estimated integration costs, implementation of the new BTO Data Model etc etc associated with V9.

Concerning your point on stability, I don't have production experience of the products but from what I'm to believe from HP consultants, few changes have been made to the actual "core" of the product since V8.

regards
Dmitry Shevchenko
HPE Expert

There is no such thing as CP9. uCMDB 9.0 includes CP6 (no separate installation required).
Warren Kerr
Valued Contributor.

True, but it may be confusing to some when it's listed as CP 9.6.471 in the uCMDB About screen.