The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

silent install sitescope, bac, ucmdb?

Highlighted
martinwi
Acclaimed Contributor

silent install sitescope, bac, ucmdb?

Anyone know if uCMDB can?

Thanks...

P.S. This post and replies have been splitted off from other thread and moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum.- Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
PatWest

Re: silent install sitescope, bac, ucmdb?

Dima Gomel

Could I ask you why would you need this?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Nick_Tsanov
Super Collector

Hello,

Since the uCMDB (and other HP products) use the InstallAnywhere to deploy the software, you can use the InstallAnywhere methods for silent installation. I personally haven't tried them, because I never needed it.

But in case you want to try, here are the steps:

Create the response file

1. Save the installer to your machine
  2. Open a command prompt window (Start>Run>cmd)
  3. Open My Computer and browse to the directory where the installer is saved
  4. Drag the installer from the directory listing in the My Computer window to the command prompt
  5. Add -r in the command line to the end of the string (ex: c:\ucmdbserver10.exe -r installer.properties)
  6. Press Enter
  7. This will run the installer, allow for the default values to be changed, and create a response file.

Afterwards you can run the silent installation with: c:\ucmdbserver10.exe -i silent -f installer.properties

The bad news is you still have to go through the installation at least once.

The second bad news is that this does not cover the database configuration wizard, since it's not part of the installer.

Additionally you can visit the Flexera Software (InstallAnywhere) Knowledge Base for more information.

And as I said, i am not 100% sure if this will work, but in theory it should.

Regards,

Nick

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event