UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need IP address column in " result tab" of IT UNIVERSE

Highlighted
Nick2345
Frequent Visitor

need IP address column in " result tab" of IT UNIVERSE

Hi,

Working on UD 10.01 .  all windows and unix servers have been discovered . From It universe manager , selected Node inventory  type  and checked result in "text" format 

steps are as below

In It universe manager ,In Browse views,  selected "Browse Views" ==>Node inventory

In Right Hand pane I selecet "view results"--> text,

I found all details in tabular format. But I want to see IP addresss for all hosts but donet know how to get that field.

I checked "select column" option but same is not available there.

Please guide me how to get IP address field in report or result page. Also node properties option is not showing IP address of the host but other details are available

with regards,

Nick

2 REPLIES
RonaldB
Regular Collector

Re: need IP address column in " result tab" of IT UNIVERSE

Hi Nick,

Like you found out already, the ip address is not a propertie of the node. The ip is a cit by itself so if you want to report that information you need to create a tql with both cit's and a relation. And since a node can relate to more than one ip you can make the report grouped by the node to make it look fine.

If you want to create an excel kind of export you need to be more creative. Fi, you could report over the authorive dns name attribute of alle ip's that are relating to a node

gr,

Ronald

Dima Gomel
HPE Expert

Re: need IP address column in " result tab" of IT UNIVERSE

Dear Nick,

I did several screenshots showing the process of report creation.

First one showing creation of pattern based view. Second is creation of report on top of it. And the last one is report showing host with related IP.

I hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event