UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create topology CI to import data from CSV file

Highlighted
ShishirG

how to create topology CI to import data from CSV file

UCMDB 10.20

I am creating an integration point to import data from csv file and choose "import topology from csv file" adapter

I have created a mapping file with attribute to csv field maps and mapping file is saved under "Adapter Management -> External_source_import -> Configuration Files -> mapping_test.xml

I have got two questions: -

1) When creating the integration poing, it ask for mapping File. It is ok to just set it to "mapping_text.xml" and expect adapter to automatically look under "configuration files" for this xml mapping?

2) In Trigger CI instance, what value should I provide to create node and shell tyep CI? I have created a new node with name "test" and shell CI as "ip address 122.2.2.2" but adapter is giving error message.

I couldn't find any document / video explaining this integration. Would be helpful to point to a document clearly explanining the csv integration or if someone could answer above questions.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES
Roy O Gatewood_
Honored Contributor

Re: how to create topology CI to import data from CSV file

Give it the relatative path to the file and the hostname/ip of the Integration Service or DFM you want to process this.

Documentation is available via Help and likely under older versions e.g. 10.0

ShishirG

Job is now complaining about invalid username and password.

What type of credentials should I choose when creating the topology CI of type host -> Shell?

I have chosen "NTCMD" and supplied the correct credentials.

.csv file is on the same probe server.

Nick2345
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I hope you have 3rd party integration license to run the said integration.  Without this license, integration will show error.

Regards,

Nick

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event