UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

co-relation of SM RFC with the discovered CIs to avoid raising un-planned changes

Highlighted
ShishirG
Super Contributor.

co-relation of SM RFC with the discovered CIs to avoid raising un-planned changes

Hi Guys,

This question is related to both uCMDB and SM, so I have posted question in both the forums as I am not sure which one is more appropriate to post in.

I have setup SM integration with uCMDB and created DEM rule which will create an un-planned change in SM if uCMDB discovery has identified any changes in the managed attributes while pushing data to SM. This is working as expected.

However, if I have raised a planned change (i.e. Normal / Hardware / Software types) and engineer has made changes to the actual hardware, uCMDB discovers that change and still pushing it as un-planned change in SM because there is no way I could reconcile the incoming CI attribute changes with the affected CIs defined in the planned change I have raised.

I guess some sort of re-conciliation could have been done in uCMDB as it can read RFC from SM as well as CIs from discovery and co-relate it but I couldn't see that happening either.

Any suggestions on how to achieve the desired result. i.e. if there is already an open change for a particular CI, don't create un-planned change.

Thanks

Shishir.