UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

application mapping/dependencies in UCMDB

Highlighted
parkar
Acclaimed Contributor.

application mapping/dependencies in UCMDB

Hi Experts,

How to create the application mapping/dependencies functionality in UCMDB

Version : 8.04

Pls suggest

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
13 REPLIES
Ben.Shirley
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: application mapping/dependencies in UCMDB

Perhaps you could elaborate a little more on what you are trying to achieve?
parkar
Acclaimed Contributor.

We are having the below scenario

we have installed freash UCMDB

we have build the logical CI and and cretaed two hirechry model..

Now can any one suggest how to establish dependency/Relationship between them..I am attaching here the screenshot ( between survillence )

Also how the impact analysis can be carried out like if the one servers is down the whole service is getting impacted

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
Anjeneya.dubey
Outstanding Contributor.

If the CIs are logical and are manually created in uCMDB and are not discovered automatically through DDM then you will have to create the relationship manually. there could be 2 ways of doing it.
1. By Enrichment
2. By virtual joins

For impact analysis you have to create rules on correlation manager
parkar
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thanks for the reply

can you guide us how to create the relationship as you suggested

1. By Enrichment
2. By virtual joins

Is there any kb article for the same
Thanks in advance

Cheers
Cheers!

sconway
Super Contributor.

Hi Parker

I have done lot of virtual joins to show some functional and code dependencies between applications.

You can select the two CIs that needed to be related, and right click and click on add join relationship. and then choose from the list according to your scenario.
parkar
Acclaimed Contributor.

I have created one critical application hirerchy..my agenda is we want to show the hirerchy of application using basic foundation license of bac purchsae.

Going forward we are using ddmi and am and pool the same in ucmdb

Currently can anyone sugegst whether i have craeted correct application mapping

pls find the screenshot attched.
I have created the business service ci in modeling studio and build the relationship in it universe manager..the view created is attached.

Also when i login again we are not able to see the same view 9 attached) in it universe manager.

Can any one suuggest where i am going wrong

Cheers!

haytham_hosny
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi ,

I am still little bit confused what you would like to do? just we need to explain in more details what would you like to do and we will guide you how to do that?

Thanks
Haytham Hosny
Haytham Hosny
parkar
Acclaimed Contributor.

I just want to create the hierechy of one of the critical applications and showcase the impact analysis for the same..

So as per my last comment i have created such and attached..wanted to know whether i am on right track or not..pls correct me if i am wrong..i have attached the views

Pls suggest

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

Varun Singh
Respected Contributor.

Hi Parker,

Here is what I can tell you...two build a dependencies between these two models which you have.

select any one- lets take Surveilance - right click on the surveilance and select "Relate to CI" then either select views or select CI and build the required relationship.

This way you can build the dependencies between the two applications or business processes.

if you still need information.. let me know ur no.. i will call you

thanks
Varun

Arguing with a fool, proves there are two
parkar
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hey Thanks Varun...

Also one more doubt in the ci properties it is giving deletion period : 40.
what does it indicate ?

Thanks
Cheers!

Dmitry Shevchenko
HPE Expert

If CI hasn't been rediscovered or manually modified within 40 days it will be deleted by CI Aging mechanism.
parkar
Acclaimed Contributor.

Also after doing the impact analysis we are able to see all the crtical and non critical cis..is there any way so that we can see only critical ones on impact analysis

Thanks
Cheers!

hp4u
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

have you found any document or can you guide me how to build,I need to build the application map?

Regards,
hp4u