The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing the Reconciliation Queue?

Highlighted
Jacob Heubner
Honored Contributor

Viewing the Reconciliation Queue?

Greetings. 

We're running uCMDB 10.22 CUP1.2
Content Pack 19.00.82

Occasionally within the UI, when updating non-discoverable attributes on a CI (like data_note), we get an error message like 'The reconciliation queue is full and cannot handle current request'.

If I understand that message, it indicates that discovery is attempting to update CIs, and has some kind of queue of incoming data.  That queue is full, and so the system is holding off, preventing anything from attempting to update CIs (including updates via the UI) until the queue size decreases.

First - is there a way to view the data currently in the reconciliation queue?  I understand that there are a couple of log files that spit out data as it's attempting to be reconcilied, but is there a way to view what's currently in the queue, either via the UI, the JMX Console or by looking at the database level itself?  

What I'd like to do is get more understanding of why the queue is filling faster than it can empty itself out, or get a sense of where a particular update request IS in the queue, to know when it's been processed.

Any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY
Josh_MM

Re: Viewing the Reconciliation Queue?

The best place to start is to identify what is taking up a lot of processing time, as you can see by the "Total Time" in the cmdb.reconciliation.audit.log

Once you find some with high numbers, see what is causing the hold-up. From there, it depends on what you are seeing...

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event