UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

View creation

Highlighted
Mathew_ucmdb
Super Contributor.

View creation

Hi Experts,

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!!!

We have a POC requirement to discover a list of Application IP's, their ports and their dependencies (i.e. other related IP's). This will be used by them before data center migration.

All we have with us is the details of App name and the DB server IP.

We have created a view using the DB servers between node->ipaddress,ipservice endpoint and it gives us a list of IP's but I am not sure if these are the applications IP's or the node related IP's.

Is there anyway by which we can check the Application IP and their dependecies using the app name and servers.

Please advice.

Regards

Mathew

5 REPLIES
James_Athi_Raj
Super Contributor.

Re: View creation

its bit not clear what you mean by application IPs, Lets assume you have application names and customer has given you the details of the servers (nodes, databases) which are related to the application, then you have to discover the infrastructure details first and then import the application names to servers by some mechanism (csv, discovery..) and then you need to find a way to map you application to the servers through certain import or if you have some logics in server name with application you can build an enrichment rule to map the relationships and then build the view as per the requirement.

Mathew_ucmdb
Super Contributor.

Hi James,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, we just have the app name, Webser server name and DB server name.

Is it possible to draw a TQL based on the above? Like finding the traffic and then can we set condition with web servers & DB servers?

Regards

Mathew

James_Athi_Raj
Super Contributor.

Yes.. you can draw the tql between the weserver and database servers and its hosts.. you can use dependency relation between the hosts and map the relationships..

But Application name is manual operation .. if you have some limited application you can create the application names and relationship with the servers manually. if you have many application you need to find a best way to map your application name to servers using enrichment or import mechanisms.

Mathew_ucmdb
Super Contributor.

Hi James,

Whenever I try using any relation like dependency or even virtual join between Webserver and DB server I get 0 results.

I am trying using the following CI's i.e.

1) Node

2) Ipaddress

3) Ipaddress

4) Webserver

5) Database server

Is this correct?

Regards

Mathew

James_Athi_Raj
Super Contributor.

Hi.. you have to discover the dependency relationship to map between nodes.. virtaul join is join between  two attributes based on matching values so it wont work. So first discover the dependency using Network connectivity data analyser job or other and then map Node-->(dependency) Node . one node connect the web server and its components and in other node relate with database. Hopefully it will work. after that you can connect application manually or using some automatic way.