cancel

VMwareVC25

Highlighted
Oliver Uphaus
Frequent Contributor.

VMwareVC25

I use the ucmdb 7.5. To discover the VMWare environmet I deployed the Package "VMwareVC25.zip" and made the changes in the wrapperenf.conf. If I run the discovery I get the error message "...VMI_DIS_VMwareVC_Connection.py", line 25, in ?.
What does it mean? The line 25 in the script is"from appilog.collectors.util import WMIUtil"
What is the problem?

Thanks
OU

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

9 REPLIES
Skazal
Super Contributor.

Re: VMwareVC25

I've mentioned this before, but have you considered querying the Virtual Center database directly?
Oleh Boiko
Super Contributor.

Starting from UCMDB 8.0 there is OOB package for Virtual Center discovery which does not have such problem.

Regards,
Oleh
Amit Bandekar
Acclaimed Contributor.

I certainly hope it works properly OOB. Many of the OOB patterns, atleast in 7.x, did not work properly OOB and had to be customized.

--Amit
Oliver Uphaus
Frequent Contributor.

I considered querying the Virtual Center DB directly but I doesn`t work. Even if I try to use "check credentials" it doesn`t work. What does the error in line 25 mean? How do I have to customize the patern? Which information do you need to help me?
AsiGarty_1
Trusted Contributor.

Oliver, have you considered using the uCMDB 7.5 OOB shell based VMWare discovery pattern?
all you need for it is ssh credential and the vmware servers you are trying to discover.
Asi.
Oliver Uphaus
Frequent Contributor.

No I didn`t try the OOB VMWare discovery. I would prefer to use the "VMwareVC25".
Oliver Uphaus
Frequent Contributor.

I undeployed the VMwareVC25.zip and deployed the package "VMwareVC25_75.zip". Now I get the errormessage
"Traceback (innermost last):
File "WMI_Dis_VMwareVC_Connection", line 35, in ?
ImportError: no module named VMware3x"

I dont know whats wrong in line 35:
"from VMware3x import VC25JavaUtility"
What does this errormessage mean?

Thank you!
Oliver Uphaus
Frequent Contributor.

The package "VMwareVC25_75.zip" works.
Nicole White
Frequent Contributor.

Hi Oliver,

I know your thread is closed now. I was wondering. Did you by chance do anything for it to start working? I have the exact same error as your last error (...line 35 ... 3x).

I was wondering what your fix was or did it just simply... start working.

Thank you!

Nicole