UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Using DDMI to scan App-V apps

Highlighted
DanielDanielDan
Contributor.

Using DDMI to scan App-V apps

Hi all,

Can anyone offer help on getting DDMI to pick up application usage for applications virtualised with App-V?  I called HP directly and could not get through to anyone who even knew what DDMI was, I also spoke to our account manager and he told me that support for any virtualised applications is not on the roadmap; rather shortsighted in my opinion.

I've been playing with the scan tool and can get it to read the Q: drive, but the scan is incomplete and missing all executables.  has anyone achieved this?

Thanks,

Daniel

5 REPLIES
DanielDanielDan
Contributor.

Re: Using DDMI to scan App-V apps

forgot to add that management at work are going ahead with App-V with or without DDMI, which could mean turning off the whole DDMI system.  HP were told this and still did not seem overly concerned :-(

Rutger
Honored Contributor.

Hi, you're using DDMi or DDMa? Asset management focus or infrastructure discovery and dependency mapping?

First off, from what I'm reading about App-V it exposes some attributes through WMI.

So you might want to investigate discoverability of client side apps by that avenue.

Further App-V integrates with SCCM. DDM supports SCCM integration through the SMS adapter, up to SCCM 2007 (?).

DanielDanielDan
Contributor.

Hi Rutger, thanks for the reply.

I am using discovery and dependency mapping.  Could you provide any more info on the support for SCCM please with DDMI?  I am integrating App-V with SCCM so perhaps this is an option.

Thanks,

Daniel

Rutger
Honored Contributor.

Sure, no problem. I am using uCMDB DDMa 9.0.3. It comes out of the box with a Microsoft SMS adapter. Create a new integration query using the Modeling Studio. Then, using the Integration Studio you can set up an integration point based on the SMS adapter and add in the new integration query as an integration task. When you activate the new integration point it will pull (replicate) all CI's from SCCM conforming to your selection criteria.

cberry83
Contributor.

Hi, i'm also trying to do something similar - But I want to pull the records from AD users group. Is it a similar integration job? We need to create a link between App-V users and compters?