UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Unix Family servers discovery not showing related items

Highlighted
Nick2345
Outstanding Contributor.

Unix Family servers discovery not showing related items

Hi,

Working with UD10.01

I have discovered UNix and windows servers with shell and WMI protocol using below jobs (created template).

Host connecton by WMI

host connection by shell

Host resources by WMI

Host resources by shell

Host Application by shell

Host Application by WMI

Ip ranges by ICMP

Windows servers got discovered properly but unix servers are not getting related items. only Ips got discovered and server ip address are showing under IPADDRESS  CI Type .Also IPs are not getting resolved to hostname.

UNIX Citype is showing few servers only but same are  showinng few related items only like ip address, interface , and agent but not CPU, process, running software. Those IPs are showing properties details.

I manually checked few permissions  hostname, version, OS are workinng properly on discovered Unix server IPs

I have attached herewith communication log of one of the Unix server IP discovered but not showing related items.

Also attached herewith the snapshot of one Unix server which was discovered successfully as per result windows and shwoing the discovered items like running software,process, oracle listner but in IT Univers it is not showing any related items attached but showing only ip, interfaces, agent.( Attachment :discovered unix server with related items)

Please suggest what could be the reason behind it.

with regards,

Nick

3 REPLIES
Dima Gomel
HPE Expert

Re: Unix Family servers discovery not showing related items

At the moment you're failing with following error:

cat: cannot open /etc/resolv.conf

Please be sure user used for discovery has appropriate permissions. Check CP12 discovery documentation for correct permission setting.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Nick2345
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Dima,

Many thanks.

I will check this again with Unix system admin.

But what about other one which is showing related items in progress page but not showing in It universe. What could be the cause?

with regards,

Nick

Dima Gomel
HPE Expert

Nick,

I'd like to suggest you opening one thread per problem. 

Get ralated CI is showing one level denedencies from CI.

So in your case, the picture should be  IP<--Host-->Running software. in other words running software related to the host. My best guess, that 2 runing software CIs that you have is agents (SSH for instance).

You could retrieve Communication log with results to see what CIs were sent back to the UCMDB server from specific destination.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.