UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Uncmb - mainframe discovery

Highlighted
TCorbin
Trusted Contributor.

Uncmb - mainframe discovery

I am trying to discover a IBM System/390 mainframe with MVS. I was wondering what credentials are needed and/or what other discovery patterns are required?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum
to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES
TCorbin
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Uncmb - mainframe discovery

I was able to discover the mainframe by IP. Now, I need to find out what CICS regions are on the mainframe. They run on the MVS.

Any suggestions?
Alexander Arkhi
Acclaimed Contributor.

I believe you may try SNMP-based discovery.
If it doesn't suite your needs, there are few options - see if there's a package supplied by DDM CORD or write your own discovery pattern (luckily, it's more-less easy).
AsiGarty_1
Trusted Contributor.

MF Discovery is limited and discovers the basic host information(ports,ip, host name) plus lpar and sysplex.

there is a field pattern that discover a bit more(such as installed services), contact me if you need more details.

Asi.
TCorbin
Trusted Contributor.

Asi,

I would like more info as to how to do this. We are trying to discover the CICS region on the mainframe.

Thanks,

Terrence
AsiGarty_1
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Terrence,

I have a field package for UCMDB v7, it will need some customization in order to work on v8.x

field packages are usually developed for a specific environment and might not work on other environments.

If you know your way around writing discovery pattern, post your email and I'll send it to you

Cheers,
Asi.
TCorbin
Trusted Contributor.

Asi,

I would appreciate that. my email is

tlcconsulting@gmail.com