UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Unable to delete view in uCMDB

Highlighted
Kirk Dahl
Regular Collector

Unable to delete view in uCMDB

When trying to delete a view that was created with Modeling Studio, I try to disconnect it fro mthe perspective and receive error: "failed to disconnect view from perspective" unable to delete it either.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

10 REPLIES
Arvind Kumar
Occasional Visitor

Re: Unable to delete view in uCMDB

Hi,

It seems the view is no longer existing. Go to modeling studio and click on open view and then try to remove if it existing there or go to View Manager then try to remove.

If any model is existing for the view you need to remove first view then you can remove model. It seems you have removed model and then checking for view if this is case then it will not help
Kirk Dahl
Regular Collector

There are no models and if I go into Model Studio I can not see the view when doing an "open view". I can see the view in View Manager but can not delete. So when I try to create a view either in View Manager or Model Studio with the same name I get an error.
Ashish.AG.gupta
Collector

hi,

Go to IT universe manger and try to delete the View , it should work.

Regards,
Ashish
Kirk Dahl
Regular Collector

Still a no go on deleting the view or removing it from the perspective. In IT Manager, the view is not selectable from the list of views. But in Model Studio or View Manager it shows up.
Daniel Galecki
Super Collector

Kirk/All, I would like to point out that this forum is dedicated to DDMI product, our Inventory Discovery product, not UCMDB. Please contact our technical support for a location of a UCMDB discussion forum.

Regards,

Daniel Galecki
Daniel Galecki
Super Collector

My apologies, looks like there is a problem with some of our forum sorting, mixing up postings for DDMI and BAC...

Daniel
tibornad
Esteemed Contributor

I'm facing the very same problem here. I have a view which is available in the uCMDB view manager (perspective based view) but i can not delete it or diconnect it from the perspective. Getting the error:

Failed to delete the selected view.

Failed to disconnect view from perspective.

When checking the Modeling Studio this specific view is not available there.

From looking at topaz_all.ejb.log i can see the following relevant entry in the log file:

2010-06-22 10:41:20,645 [TP-Processor20] (VTAccessor.java:276) ERROR - Failed to query view for advanced property: dashboardExcludedKPIs
com.mercury.am.admin.viewmanager.exceptions.ViewManagerException: No such BAC view ID: 74050669535826f7c8f2e1ae86f83660 for customer: 1

so it really seems that there is no such view to be deleted.

Any suggestion on how to proceed in this case?

Many thanks
Ben.Shirley
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

Is this after a recent upgrade to BAC/uCMDB?
tibornad
Esteemed Contributor

not recent, but there was a upgrade involved some months ago.

actually i've managed to delete the view via the JMX console and a BAC reboot. the process is pretty straight forward.
manojfmbang
Collector

hi tibornad,

please let me know how you deleted from jmx console? steps wud help.

Thanks!

Manoj
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event