UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Unable to delete CIs from CMDB

Highlighted
Leonid Efimov
Valued Contributor.

Unable to delete CIs from CMDB

Hello, I've faced with the following problem: I have created SiteScope Technology Database Integration monitor in order to fill CMDB using data from external database (using Topology script). So, it created several CI in CMDB. But I can't delete the CIs now - system recreates it right away. Well, I have deleted the external datasource (table), disabled SiteScope monitors, removed all the records from Profile database, but system still recreates the CIs. What is the trick?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

14 REPLIES
Alexander Arkhi
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Unable to delete CIs from CMDB

Can you check "Created by" & "Updated by" fields of those CIs to make sure who creates them?
WWill
Trusted Contributor.

Try to delete them from IT Universe Manager.

/Walsh
Leonid Efimov
Valued Contributor.

Created by = data_source
Updated by = UCMDBDiscovery: data_source

I used IT Univerce Manager to delete CIs.
Leonid Efimov
Valued Contributor.

Note, it's new BAC instance, just installed. There is no DDM here, no discovery jobs created, etc.
Tomer Eckhous
Outstanding Contributor.

See that there is no dNODE creating them again and again.
First stop or delete the monitor, try later from the IT Universe to delete them.

The monitor every time populate the CMDB with those servers, what he will do he will pick the fields call target in the monitor config tab and will create a new HOST in the cmdb, just delete the monitor or disable it and later delete the CI from the CMDB.

Leonid Efimov
Valued Contributor.

It does not work. I have deleted the monitors, but I still can't remove CIs (using IT Universe).
Alexander Arkhi
Acclaimed Contributor.

What do you mean under "can't remove using IT Universe"? It is reappearing or just not deleted?
Try to rebuild & refresh the view you're using.
Are you 100% sure this CI is not configured to be federated from any other source? 'cause if it IS federated, you won't be able to delete it, since it doesn't actually exist in CMDB itself, but rather in some other data store.
Leonid Efimov
Valued Contributor.

I mean it's reappearing. I've tried to refresh views, etc.
It's not an "interface" problem I suppose. The CIs are removed from datatable (I can see it using database management tool), but something recreates them again.
It's absolutely new BAC & SiteScope instances, just installed. No federation, SAM Intagration Tech Monitors only.
Alexander Arkhi
Acclaimed Contributor.

It seems that you either have Discovery Job configured to bring those CIs or have a SiteScope which reports back these CIs.
No other option.
Michele Ruggier
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Leonid,
I have the same problem. I used a Sitescope Technology DB Integration Monitor to discovery new CIs(with topology script). When I delete a CI with ITUniverseManager , after about 20 seconds the CI is ricreated. The problem is Sitescope that continues to send topology to BAC. Indeed if you try to stop Sitescope and after delete the CI, you can see that the CI is not recreated. I can't find where is stored (in Sitescope Server)the topology data. This already happened to me four times, and the only solution that I found is uninstalling and reinstalling Sitescope(in this way the cache is empty and ci-deletion works well); now I'm working in development enviroment and this solution is possible but in the future (in production enviroment) it's not possible. I would like to solve this problem but I do not know how!!!

Michele
saravananktg
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

If you are unable to delete a CI from CMDB, create a new name under the "View Manager". Now pull the CI from the "CI type plane" to the "Work area". Save the view and then move to IT Universe manager.

Select your newly created view under the plane and delete the entire CI from the work area.

Similarly follow it for all the CI until u complete all the CI.

Saravanan.M
Michele Ruggier
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Saravan,

perhaps I have not been clear: our problem is not to delete a CI from UCMDB but that when we delete a CI the SAME CI is ricreated after 20 seconds.

Thanks for your help
Michele
sconway
Super Contributor.

Hi Michele

Is there an active enrichment rule in place to create the CI automatically? If so deactivate it and try.
saravananktg
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

When the discovery runs after the deletion of the CI, it will be re-created again and you will find the same.

Saravanan.