UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Ucmdb failover on the primary server

Highlighted
Kalyan_27
Super Contributor.

Ucmdb failover on the primary server

Hi All,

We have configured high availability of the ucmdb application.
When I shutdown primary server the application process are started up automatically on the secondary server.

Now, I want to know how to failback to primary again.

I have restarted the process on primary and stopped the process on secondary.
Did few other troubleshooting of starting and stopping.
I think there is some configruational change to be done not getting the exact point. wat will be the catch?
if anyone does it please let me know. I have waited for more that 20 mins and over a day also to failover.

Regards,
Kalyan.

P.S. This trhead has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES
Kalyan_27
Super Contributor.

Re: Ucmdb failover on the primary server

Where can the default time for ucmdb process failover of failback can be reduced. I guess it is around 20 minutes as of now. Approximately 20 mins.
Dmitry Shevchenko
HPE Expert

The failover time period (20 min by default) is configurable in the Infrastructure Settings.

As for reverting back to the primary server, it's not done automatically. You have to reassign all services from the failover server to the primary one on your own. Either manually through JMX console or through SiteScope System Health if you deployed one for your uCMDB environment.
Kalyan_27
Super Contributor.

Hi Dmitry,

Can you explain me how to do it from JMX-Console?

Means the option to be choosed to do it.

Regards,
Kalyan.
Kalyan_27
Super Contributor.

Thanks a lot dude. I figured it out at time out interval in infrastructre settings.

I have changed the time and also changed the password for jmx console using few java files given by hp support.

Kalyan_27
Super Contributor.

I figured it out at time out interval in infrasturctre settings.