UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Ucmdb does not synchornize with Business Process Monitoring

Highlighted
Omri_Ziv_1
Super Contributor.

Ucmdb does not synchornize with Business Process Monitoring

Hi,
I've created a new businees profile but I cannot see it in the CMDB.
I can see in the ucmdb source manager that the synchronization of the Business Process Monitoring keeps on failing.

I looked into the log files and I keep getting these Messages:
2009-02-17 18:30:47,447 [Timer-4] (SchedulingEngineImpl.java:1881) INFO - ====> Total time to update the profiles: 63 [ms]
2009-02-17 18:33:39,955 [Thread-299] (AdapterControllerCMDBImpl.java:1834) ERROR - An error occurred while mapping the source's entities, hence failed to replace adapter entities.
com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.AdaptersException: Failed to find a mapping for external entity. Entity Name is Outlook_Login from HaMered27-1Entity Id is location_id=22#session_id=41#tx_id=66#
at com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.AdapterControllerCMDBImpl.autoMapEnitities(AdapterControllerCMDBImpl.java:608)
at com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.AdapterControllerCMDBImpl.replaceAdapterEntitiesUsingListener(AdapterControllerCMDBImpl.java:1829)
at com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.AdapterControllerCMDBImpl.replaceAdapterEntities(AdapterControllerCMDBImpl.java:1727)
at com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.TMCAdapters.TopazAdapter.TopazAdapterImpl.getEntireHierarchy(TopazAdapterImpl.java:530)
at com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.TMCAdapters.TopazAdapter.TopazAdapterImpl.getEntireHierarchy(TopazAdapterImpl.java:559)
at com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.AdapterProxyImpl.getEntireHierarchy(AdapterProxyImpl.java:885)
at com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.AdapterTasks.GetEntireHierarchyTask.run(GetEntireHierarchyTask.java:47)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
2009-02-17 18:35:47,358 [Timer-4] (SchedulingEngineImpl.java:1881) INFO - ====> Total time to update the profiles: 16 [ms]
2009-02-17 18:37:04,888 [Thread-303] (AdapterControllerCMDBImpl.java:1834) ERROR - An error occurred while mapping the source's entities, hence failed to replace adapter entities.
com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.AdaptersException: Failed to find a mapping for external entity. Entity Name is WinClicks_Login from ZAFON-Neve-ShaananEntity Id is location_id=68#session_id=28#tx_id=21#
at com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.AdapterControllerCMDBImpl.autoMapEnitities(AdapterControllerCMDBImpl.java:608)
at com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.AdapterControllerCMDBImpl.replaceAdapterEntitiesUsingListener(AdapterControllerCMDBImpl.java:1829)
at com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.AdapterControllerCMDBImpl.replaceAdapterEntities(AdapterControllerCMDBImpl.java:1727)
at com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.TMCAdapters.TopazAdapter.TopazAdapterImpl.getEntireHierarchy(TopazAdapterImpl.java:530)
at com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.TMCAdapters.TopazAdapter.TopazAdapterImpl.getEntireHierarchy(TopazAdapterImpl.java:559)
at com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.AdapterProxyImpl.getEntireHierarchy(AdapterProxyImpl.java:885)
at com.mercury.topaz.tdm.adapters.AdapterTasks.GetEntireHierarchyTask.run(GetEntireHierarchyTask.java:47)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

What can I do in order to fix that ? I've upgraded from a previous version of BAC.

Thanks,

Omri

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum moderator

Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Ucmdb does not synchornize with Business Process Monitoring

During the upgrade did you copy HPBAC\cmdb\adapters\adapters and HPBAC\cmdb\general folders from previous DPS to the new DPS?
Omri_Ziv_1
Super Contributor.

I don't know since I wasn't the one who upgarded the product

is there somekind of a fix or patch that suppose to resolve this issue ?

This is not a product issue to be patched. You'd better talk with those who did the upgrade. There is a good chance that they forgot to copy cmdb\... folders from previous BAC version when they did the upgrade.
Omri_Ziv_1
Super Contributor.

I copied the old adapter for the BPM but it doesn't seem to work...

do I need to restart BAC after replacing the xml file ?

No, you didn't get my point. It's too late now to do something with the BPM adapter .xml file. Someone who did the upgrade had to copy the files I mentioned above from previous BAC version at the time when he/she was running the Upgrade Wizard. Those files are used in the upgrade process. If it wasn't done that time - the upgrade wasn't done correctly.
Omri_Ziv_1
Super Contributor.

but they did save the adapters xml.
I have the old one in a backup directory

Even if they saved adapters but didn't restore them before the upgrade process - it's seemless work.