The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCMDB

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Naveen kesari_1
Collector

UCMDB

Hi Expert,
I have installed UCMDB and Iâ m able to see the console. Under discovery option Iâ m able to work on Domain configuration and then when I go to job configuration tab they are not active and showing the message (no license) against them. Although the license I have installed is: SMInt_ucmdb75_license but still it is showing that it has no license. Please help me getting my problem resolved. For further reference I have attached a snapshot of the following error:

Thanks,
Naveen Kesari

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

Be Positive
13 REPLIES
Sergey Stefurak
Honored Contributor

Re: UCMDB

Have you renamed your license file to ucmdb_license.xml ?
Naveen kesari_1
Collector

Hi,

When i install the UCMDB server in that time I chose the other license option and giving the path so i think this is not lincese install problem.

if u have any doc for discovery then pls send me the naveen.kumar@progressive.in

Thanks,
Naveen Kumar
Be Positive
Alexey Filippow
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

To get visible all discovery jobs you need to install advanced UCMDB license.
Seems you have standart license which allows you to run only Host Basic and Host Resources jobs.

You can get access to Discovery Documentation from the machine with installed UCMDB.
Use link: \hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\j2f\AppServer\webapps\site.war\amdocs\eng\pdfs\DiscoveryDependencyMapping.pdf

Thanks,
Alexey
sconway
Collector

Hi Naveen

It is essential that you rename your license file to ucmdb_license.xml prior to invoking anything in discovery. Whatever license you have Standard or Advanced it is imperative that you rename it to the above name.

Hope this helps
Dmitry Shevchen
HPE Expert

I would add - rename and reapply the license. Otherwise it won't be picked up.
Naveen kesari_1
Collector

Hi,

When I rename the ucmdb_license1.xml file then how to reapply SMInt_ucmdb75_license file.
pls let me know.

Thanks,
Naveen Kumar
Be Positive
Sergey Stefurak
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

You should do the following step by step:
1. Remove the original ucmdb_license.xml file from hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\root\lib\server
2. Put your advanced license there and rename it to be called exactly ucmdb_license.xml
3. Apply this license via jmx.
Naveen kesari_1
Collector

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for your prompt reply..but i want to knoew only one thing what is jmx and how to apply wia jmx.

Thanks,
naveen Kumar
Be Positive
Sergey Stefurak
Honored Contributor

Hi,

To login jmx-console go to http://:8080/jmx-console (login/password is admin/admin by default)

Here's the section from uCMDB doc on reloading the license:
Under MAM, click service=UCMDB UI to open the JMX MBEAN View
page.
Locate java.lang.String getLicenseForCustomer() and enter the following
information:
In the force parameter box, select True.
In the ParamValue box for the parameter customerId, enter 1.
Click Invoke.
Alexey Filippow
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

To apply the changes after renaming license you can also simply restart the UCMDB server.

Thanks,
Alexey
Naveen kesari_1
Collector

Hi Sergey,
I have Done the Same process of Under MAM, click service=UCMDB UI to open the JMX MBEAN View page.
Locate java.lang.String getLicenseForCustomer() and enter the following
information: In the force parameter box, select True. In the ParamValue box for the parameter customerId, enter 1.Click Invoke.

but ofter that it showing the
License type: BASIC
Customer Name: HP Software Licensing
Permitted packages: UCMDB7-SCSM.zip
Blocked applications: compliancy.compare.cis compliancy.goldmaster

although i have provided the license : SMInt_ucmdb75_license.xml
(will the above mention license will not do discovery. )
and still it is showing that it has no license.

Thanks,
Naveen
Be Positive
sconway
Collector

Hi Naveen

Pardon me for this trivial question. Did you apply the license and RESTART the server?
elcoyote
Collector

Hello,

it seems your license only provide access to package for SM Integration.

Does your ucmdb software it is provided with Service Manager ?
If it is, i think you only have a license to replicate data from SM to UCMDB.

Steve
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event