UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

UCMDB search folder

Highlighted
sv_benesh
Super Contributor.

UCMDB search folder

Hello,

UCMDB has the folder c:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\search\

Where can I read about it and how to manage it?

Best Regards, Sergy.
4 REPLIES
Dima Gomel
Micro Focus Expert

Re: UCMDB search folder

UCMDB 10.10 is using SOLR for language enabled search in Browser and other parts.

Folder c:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\search\ contains indexes of data.

There is nothing to do with the data indexes in the folder.

The indexer configuration is available in JMX console under Search Services.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Rey_L
Honored Contributor.

Are you asking because the search folder has grown -- I've seen search folders grow to over 16GB (depends on the number of CIs to be indexed including added CIs to be indexed)

If you need to reindex after adding new CIT(s) to be indexed, it'll take about 1 hour per million CIs

To reindex go to the JMX Console > Topology Search Services Mbean > reindex method

Here's an example of the search folder size that has never been reindexed at 16.4GB

Additions were made to add CI Types to be indexed and a reindex was needed

Before Reindex

15 minutes after Reindex started

65 min after Reindex started

After Reindex finished, 180 min after Reindex started

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
sv_benesh
Super Contributor.

Thanks for detailed answer.

Best Regards, Sergy.
devesh bais
Respected Contributor.

Hi All,

I am sorry if I am putting my query on a closed thread, I have the same question about the Search folder in uCMDB, Every now and then I am performing the indexing to keep the folder size in control but My folder is grown to 22gb and I am not very sure if that data useful or not? 

Can anyone please help me to understand the importance of this folder and other then indexing do we have a better approach to keep this folder under control.

Today morning we had an issue in uCMDB and we restarted the application cause it was consuming close to 20gb memory,

it didn't start and got hung at "Topology search -starting status"

while troubleshooting we found that one of the database Indexing caused the delay, it took almost 35 minutes to come up.

Thank you!

Devesh