UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

UCMDB problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
witonov
Respected Contributor.

UCMDB problem

Hi All,

I'm still new in UCMDB and I have a problem in creating CmdbChangesAdapter Data Store.

At first I tried to create new CmdbChangesAdapter Data Store from UCMDB web app but it was failed. Then I tried to create it from BAC web app and it was success to create CmdbChangesAdapter Data Store in UCMDB. But it still not displayed in UCMDB web app so I need to restart the service and it worked.

The problem is, why I can't create CmdbChangesAdapter Data Store directly from UCMDB web app? And feel it is not convenience to create it from BAC web app then I must restart the service.

Please let me know how to handle this issue.

FYI I used UCMDB 8.02

Regards,
Victor

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

5 REPLIES
Alexander Arkhi
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: UCMDB problem

Victor,

All the problems you're referring to are basically related to improper configuration of your environment.
For me it seems that you've installed BAC and UCMDB connecting them to the same set of CMDB+History Schemas.

I would suggest you to use "External UCMDB" architecture which is described in BAC Deployment Guide.
It means that you will have HP Universal CMDB connected to its own set: Foundation + CMDB + History and HP Business Availability Center (BSM) connected to Management DB and "External UCMDB" (by pointing to the proper UCMDB machine).

Cheers,
Alex.
witonov
Respected Contributor.

Hi Alexander,

Actually I'm using "External UCMDB" architecture right now.
Just as information, I tried to restart the UCMDB services before create CmdbChangesAdapter Data Store, it worked (but the Data Store didn't showed up at BAC web app)
Do you have any idea about this issue?

Regards,
Victor
Alexander Arkhi
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Victor,

You are *not* using External UCMDB architecture.
And this can be easily seen from the exceptions that you shown in previous posts.

When your architecture is "External UCMDB", you don't have a concurrent access to UCMDB, but rather all the job is done by UCMDB machine.

From what you're referring to - most of the issues you currently have are related to improper configuration.

Regards,
Alex.
witonov
Respected Contributor.

Hi Alexander,

The server machines in my development environtment using several virtual Operating Systems. The BAC and UCMDB was installed in different virtual machine but under same machine. Is it possible to implement it that way? Or should I reinstall one of the server into different machine?

Regards,
Victor
witonov
Respected Contributor.

Hi Alexander,

I've confirmed that BAC and UCMDB using same instances database. I'll try to separate it. Thnak you for your information.

Regards,
Victor