UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

UCMDB SOAP Updates Not Appearing

Highlighted
Sam Baskinger
Frequent Contributor.

UCMDB SOAP Updates Not Appearing

Hi All,

The short version of this is that I have an "nt" CI with two fields added to the "host" CI, cpucount and cpusocket. I would like to update these values using the web service.

Using SOAP-UI I can submit a temporary ID, the host_key value, and cpusocket=3000. I get back a CreatedIDsMap structure and everything appears to be happy, but when I go to the web GUI to verify the change went through, even after 10 minutes or so of wandering around, I see nothing.

I manually changed the cpusocket value through the web GUI to eliminate any more general problem preventing value updates.

So, any ideas? I've attached a .xml file with the SOAP request and response in it. Note that the host_key was scrubbed because I wasn't sure what that value was derived from. :)

Thanks in advance, all!

Sam Baskinger

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum moderator

1 REPLY
Sam Baskinger
Frequent Contributor.

Re: UCMDB SOAP Updates Not Appearing

As some added information, I am able to create a "dummy" host node and manipulate the values in its fields. Is there some data ownership permission I might be violating? Maybe this "root_isupdatedbyowner" field? I'm stabbing in the dark on a lot of this.

As always, thanks for any insights.

Sam