UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

UCMDB - Network to Host Relationships, Network to Network

Highlighted
Andy Wolin
Super Collector

UCMDB - Network to Host Relationships, Network to Network

Version 8.0.1

I am trying to discover links between network devices and hosts. Also links between network devices and other network devices.

I have found many client/server dependancies (between 2 computers) that work as expected by enabling the 'Network Connections - Active Discovery' group of jobs along with the 'Network Connections - Passive Discovery' group of jobs. Within those jobs 'Servers by Network Data' is the one that actually created the dependancy link between the two computers.

I would like to find these same types of relationships/dependancies for network devices but am not having any luck. I have about 120 network devices with several hundred hosts on thoses networks discovered. I have enabled 'Network - Host Resources and Applications' group along with the above mentioned connections jobs.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Foru to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
Andy Wolin
Super Collector

Re: UCMDB - Network to Host Relationships, Network to Network

To partially answer my own question:

Host Resources and Applications by SNMP should pick up tcp connections and create dependancy links. One way to manually check if a response is coming from the network device is to use snmpwalk from a linux box or an equivalent windows tool:

snmpwalk -v1 -c communitystring xx.xx.xx.xx 1.3.6.1.2.1.6.13.1.1

snmpwalk -v1 -c communitystring xx.xx.xx.xx 1.3.6.1.2.1.6.13.1.2
Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor

Did you look @ Host Networking by SNMP?
Andy Wolin
Super Collector

Thanks, I did look at 'Host Networking by SNMP', however it does not output client-server or dependancy CIs.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event