UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

UCMDB Integration with Atrium

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
SJency
Regular Collector

UCMDB Integration with Atrium

Hi All,
Can anyone help me on how to integrate UCMDB with Atrium. I want to expose the UCMDB Inventory to Atrium.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

14 REPLIES
Dmitry Shevchenko
HPE Expert

Re: UCMDB Integration with Atrium

Contact your HP rep to get a uCMDB-Atrium integration package.
SJency
Regular Collector

Thanks a lot
tibornad
Esteemed Contributor

hello Dmitry

Do you have any idea what this integration packages exactly is?
Are we talking about something like a predefined Generic uCMDB adapter for Atrium?

I feel like the integration between Atrium and uCMDB is pretty common for the customers i'm dealing with. and i would like to find out more about it if possible.

But i was never able to find any documentation specifically about this.

cheers
SJency
Regular Collector

Yes it would be great if there is any document.
Please help in this regard.
Dmitry Shevchenko
HPE Expert
Solution

The integration package is a standard .zip discovery package that uses DDM. The discovery job pushes CIs and relationships defined in the integration TQL from uCMDB into Atrium (Atrium Java API is used).

All documentation is supplied with the integration package. You cannot find it because the package is not official part of the product, but rather a field package developed by our uCMDB/DDM CORD team. That's why you have to contact your HP rep to get the package.
SJency
Regular Collector

Hi ,
Thank you so much
tibornad
Esteemed Contributor

thanks for your reply Dmitry

i will try to speak to some people at HP locally to get the docs.

still if you don't mind there is another point where i would appreciate you comments. as described by you above the integration package works on the assumption that uCMDB is the primary data source for the IT environment. and the Atrium CMS will be enriched with data from uCMDB. fair enough ...

based on my experience when a company is running Atrium the chance is pretty big that they do it together with running BMC Remedy as their incident and change management application. so with this we can assume that Atrium already has a pretty strong position and might be considered as the primary data source.
in such a case ... what would be the best approach to pull CIs from Atrium into uCMDB? Is this integration package also working is this direction?

thanks for sharing
Dmitry Shevchenko
HPE Expert

Originally the integration was from uCMDB to Atrium/Remedy only, i.e. one direction. Now it's bi-directional, i.e. we also have another integration package to import CIs and relationships from Atrium/Remedy into uCMDB.
tibornad
Esteemed Contributor

again many thanks for the clarification!
SJency
Regular Collector

Hi,
Can we do a direct database integration of UCMDB with Atrium? Please suggest

Thanks in Advance
Dmitry Shevchenko
HPE Expert

If you prefer to develop something new like direct DB integration you can always try.
SJency
Regular Collector

has anyone done that before? I got an input that Atrium does not support WebServices.will u please help me in this regard?
Dmitry Shevchenko
HPE Expert

I haven't heard of anyone who could try to do what you want. Most likely because people don't like reinventing the wheel and it makes sense. Why to invest time and effort in a new solution while we have already a solution that proved to work? HP-developed integration packages use Atrium Java API, not web services.
Tarush Gupta
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Dmitry. I understand that with uCMDB 9 we can integrate BMC atrium bidirectionalyl. of course we need new license for advance DDMi and also obtain the Integration adapters from HP. So if I am not wrong, we do not need to build new adapters using Python to create bi-directional integration with BMC Atrium.

If I am right, can HP provide me with a case study or a White paper of UCMDB integration with BMC Atrium. Currently we are working on a solution for a customer and such a case study or white paper would help
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event