The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCMDB “Host connectivity by Shell” discovery error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Michael Levitan
Collector

UCMDB “Host connectivity by Shell” discovery error

Hey,

I am running “Host connectivity by Shell” discovery and I am getting the following error:

<< Progress message, Severity: Error>>
NTCMD: Internal error. Details: NTCMD connection: the system cannot find the file specified (when trying to connect to x64 remote server, make sure it is not configured to run in WoW64 compatibility mode; examine HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/xCmd Service/ and make sure WoW64 key either does not exist or is configured to '0')

I have BAC 8.03 and DDM are installed on the same x64 windows server and the discovery target also is 64 bit windows server. I set the registry key to 0 as required but it doesn’t help

Any ideas?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: UCMDB “Host connectivity by Shell” discovery error

Do you have DDM Content Pack installed?
If not, I would suggest to install DDM Content Pack 4 on top of your UCMDB 8.03, it should eliminate the problem.
Michael Levitan
Collector

Alexander,

Thank you for reply, I will try to do as you suggested.

But, I am new in UCMDB discovery and could you tell me please where I can get the DDM content pack 4 and is there any docs that explain how to install it?

Thanks,
Michael
Dmitry Shevchen
HPE Expert

Content Pack 4 with all documentation can be downloaded from the DDM Community Portal at https://h20090.www2.hp.com/
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event