UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

UCMDB “Host connectivity by Shell” discovery error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Michael Levitan
Super Contributor.

UCMDB “Host connectivity by Shell” discovery error

Hey,

I am running “Host connectivity by Shell” discovery and I am getting the following error:

<< Progress message, Severity: Error>>
NTCMD: Internal error. Details: NTCMD connection: the system cannot find the file specified (when trying to connect to x64 remote server, make sure it is not configured to run in WoW64 compatibility mode; examine HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/xCmd Service/ and make sure WoW64 key either does not exist or is configured to '0')

I have BAC 8.03 and DDM are installed on the same x64 windows server and the discovery target also is 64 bit windows server. I set the registry key to 0 as required but it doesn’t help

Any ideas?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
Alexander Arkhi
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: UCMDB “Host connectivity by Shell” discovery error

Do you have DDM Content Pack installed?
If not, I would suggest to install DDM Content Pack 4 on top of your UCMDB 8.03, it should eliminate the problem.
Michael Levitan
Super Contributor.

Alexander,

Thank you for reply, I will try to do as you suggested.

But, I am new in UCMDB discovery and could you tell me please where I can get the DDM content pack 4 and is there any docs that explain how to install it?

Thanks,
Michael
Dmitry Shevchenko
HPE Expert

Content Pack 4 with all documentation can be downloaded from the DDM Community Portal at https://h20090.www2.hp.com/