UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

UCMDB Data Flow Probe reduces disk space

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Basilion
Valued Contributor.

UCMDB Data Flow Probe reduces disk space

Hi!

Sorry fo my English, i am use Google Translate.

After installing "DataFlowProbe" the server began to decrease disk space. Learned by observation that there is a constant increase in the folder "DataFlowProbe". Help to understand why this happens.

And another question, whether the protocol "SNMP" using "UCMDB" to collect information about SAN Switches and build CI Type? That can be read on this subject?

DataFloweProbe 10.01.

3 REPLIES
Dima Gomel
HPE Expert
Solution

Re: UCMDB Data Flow Probe reduces disk space

There are two reasons for growing of the disc space on the probe side:

1. 1. Your UCMDB server doesn't receive discovered CIs. Probe has a queue of CIs not sent to UCMDB and those CIs took place on the probe DB. To check this connect to the probe JMX at http://probe_server:1977. Then go to GwTaskResultDistributer and check NumberOfUnsentResults. In most cases it should be 0 short time after discovery.
  2. You have Out Of Memory situation and probe generating memory dumps. TO check this go to C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\bin on the probe file system and look for .hprof files. If the OOM is your problem, you can try to raise probe JVM HEAP Memory to 1400. TO do so change following parameters in C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\bin\WrapperEnv.conf file. If you are on UCMDB 10 you can use bigger values:

set.MANAGER_MAX_MEM=1400

set.GATEWAY_MAX_MEM=1400

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Nelson Chamba
Valued Contributor.

Dear Dima,

I have the same issue and my C drive was 128GB and now is 0kb. The my settings are:

set.MANAGER_MAX_MEM=2048

set.GATEWAY_MAX_MEM=2048

Can you help me clarifying the first solution you provided. My .../bin directory is full of .mdmp files of 3 to 4 GB.

reagrds,

chethan7845
Respected Contributor.