UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

UCMDB 10.11 - Asset Manager Push Adapter "Failed to retrieve credentials on probe side"

Highlighted
donaldashwort
Contributor.

UCMDB 10.11 - Asset Manager Push Adapter "Failed to retrieve credentials on probe side"

Hi All,

I am using the Integration Service to host an Asset Manager Push Adapter using UCMDB 10.11.  A single-server install on VMWare using a Data Probe instead of the Integration Service works just fine connecting to my Cloud AM 9.4 instance.

"Failed to retrieve credentials on probe side" occurs when I create a new Integration Point, specifically when I [Test Connection] after creating or referencing a Credentials ID.  Nothing is written to the probe-error.log or error.log when I test my connection.  Both the UCMDB and Data Probe services are configured to Log On As "Local System".

The Details from the Test Connection dialog are below.  What is interesting is this "Check that the credentials are from the correct Domain".  This Cloud machine is our DEV machine and the UCMDB Instance and Integration Service are both hosted on the same machine.  The Integration Windows service is up and running and the machine has been rebooted a number of times.

com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.request.ProbeSideProcessorException: [ErrorCode [7012] Failed to
retrieve credentials on the Probe side.]
Failed to retrieve credentials on the Probe side. No
credentials returned for id: 6_1_CMS. Check that the credentials are from the correct
Domain.

--- Start of probe-side exception ---
com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.base.CmdbException: [ErrorCode [7012] Failed to retrieve credentials
on the Probe side.]
Failed to retrieve credentials on the Probe side. No credentials returned for
id: 6_1_CMS. Check that the credentials are from the correct Domain.
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.common.adapters.DataAdapterEnviromentProbeProvider.getProtocolAttribute(DataAdapterEnviromentProbeProvider.java:130)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.common.adapters.DataAdapterEnviromentProbeProvider.getProtocolType(DataAdapterEnviromentProbeProvider.java:106)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.util.DataAdapterEnvironmentUtil.convertDestinationConfigToSPI(DataAdapterEnvironmentUtil.java:102)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.dataAccess.util.DataAdapterEnvironmentUtil.createDataAdapterEnvironment(DataAdapterEnvironmentUtil.java:80)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.isExistingAdapterValid(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:108)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.retrieveFinalAdapter(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:97)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.getAdapter(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:91)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.process(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:45)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.processor.FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.process(FederationNoneLifeCycleProbeProcessor.java:27)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.adhoctasks.AdHocProbeRequestOperation.performAction(AdHocProbeRequestOperation.java:59)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probemgr.taskdispatcher.AdHocTaskDispatcher.dispatchTask(AdHocTaskDispatcher.java:70)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor54.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:111)
at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMBeanIntrospector.invokeM2(StandardMBeanIntrospector.java:45)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanIntrospector.invokeM(MBeanIntrospector.java:235)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.invoke(PerInterface.java:138)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.invoke(MBeanSupport.java:252)
at javax.management.StandardMBean.invoke(StandardMBean.java:405)
at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:819)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:792)
at
javax.management.MBeanServerInvocationHandler.invoke(MBeanServerInvocationHandler.java:305)
at
org.springframework.jmx.access.MBeanClientInterceptor.doInvoke(MBeanClientInterceptor.java:405)
at
org.springframework.jmx.access.MBeanClientInterceptor.invoke(MBeanClientInterceptor.java:353)
at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy48.dispatchTask(Unknown Source)
at
com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.probe.agents.probegw.managementtasks.adhoctasks.AdhocThread.run(AdhocThread.java:54)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:599)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:534)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
--- End of probe-side exception ---

5 REPLIES
sanjit_asc
Honored Contributor.

Re: UCMDB 10.11 - Asset Manager Push Adapter "Failed to retrieve credentials on probe side&quo

Did you solvew this? We run into the same problem, when we try to test an adapter that we developed ourselves

donaldashwort
Contributor.

Re: UCMDB 10.11 - Asset Manager Push Adapter "Failed to retrieve credentials on probe side&

Hello,  Yes...this authentication problem was solved and it resulted from a simple oversight.  I forgot to include the Oracle instance name with the Hostname/IP Integration Point Adapter Properties (see below). 

DCV
HPE Expert

Re: UCMDB 10.11 - Asset Manager Push Adapter "Failed to retrieve credentials on probe side&

Have the same issue for one of my customers...

How to I find out the Oracle incance number?

Thanks in advance,

Volker

Mayur_Khardikar
Super Contributor.

Hello,

We are facing same issue but the database type is MSSQL.

What will be the istance name for MSSQL database?

Thanks & Regards,

Mayur

sanjit_asc
Honored Contributor.

It's the name of the database (sqlserver\nameofdb .  There is other preparatory work needed that is described in the Integration Guide.