UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

UCMDB 10.10 - Issue with connecting to DB

Highlighted
PuneetS
Frequent Visitor

UCMDB 10.10 - Issue with connecting to DB

Hi,

I am trying to do a fresh Installation of UCMDB 10.10 on Red hat 6.2 (Linux), we had asked the DBA team to create a Schema in advance for UCMDB. The schema user has all the permissions as mentioned in DB Guide. Also the user which I am using for UCMDB Installation has all permissions to access files, however I am getting below errors in the log files:

2013-12-27 11:07:53,730 [AWT-EventQueue-0] N/A Can't execute prepared statement [select * from DB_CONTEXT where SCHEMA_TYPE=? and IS_GLOBAL=?; Values: 'CMDB',1], due to exception: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [mercury][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00942: Table ou vue inexistante

2013-12-27 11:07:58,188 [AWT-EventQueue-0] WARN  Can't read connection pool config file from ../conf/connection_pool.conf, will work with defaults

java.io.FileNotFoundException: ../conf/connection_pool.conf (No such file or directory)

I am attaching the logs for the reference. any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'
2 REPLIES
PuneetS
Frequent Visitor

Re: UCMDB 10.10 - Issue with connecting to DB

Just to confirm, I can execute the same query from SQLPLUS using same schema user without any issues and I can see connection_pool.conf file in the UCMDB directory:

Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'
Keith_Paschal
HPE Expert

Re: UCMDB 10.10 - Issue with connecting to DB

Puneet;

R&D found an issue similar to the one you describe.  Here is the error:

2013-12-27 11:07:53,732 [AWT-EventQueue-0] (CmdbDalException.java:88) ERROR - Sql exception occurred. Details:
Can't execute prepared statement [select * from DB_CONTEXT where SCHEMA_TYPE=? and IS_GLOBAL=?; Values: 'CMDB',1], due to exception: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [mercury][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00942: Table ou vue inexistante
. The exceptions in the chain:
Cause (1): java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [mercury][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00942: Table ou vue inexistante

The problem was that the db schema wasn't completely created due to permissions problems... please have the DBAs recreate the schema and grant all appropriate permissions from the db guide.

The pool.conf problem I have seen, but it doesn't seem to be an issue... I'll let you know what I find out on this one.

Keith Paschal

UCMDB Support

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event