UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

SSH connection time out

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Michael Levitan
Super Contributor.

SSH connection time out

Hi all,

I am trying to run “SSH connectivity by Shell” and get the following error message “SSH: Command time out”. I checked the connection with PUTTy and it works fine but when I try via DDM probe I get “timeout”.
I played with the SSH version (set it to “SSH2 or SSH1”) and enlarged the timeout but I still get “SSH: Command time out”.

uCMDB 8.04, probe 8.04

Please advise,
Thanks
Michael

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

11 REPLIES
Dmitry Shevchenko
HPE Expert
Solution

Re: SSH connection time out

DDM probe doesn't use putty to establish SSH connection to a host, so your test doesn't help you. uCMDB uses a java utility library called mindterm.jar to set up SSH connections. So the best way to check SSH connection issues with DDM probe is to manually run the following command:

java.exe -jar mindterm.jar

mindterm.jar can be found at ...\DDM\DiscoveryProbe\root\ext\ssh folder on the probe machine.
Fevzi
Honored Contributor.

Hi
please send communication log.
The command that DDM runs at the remote server can be exceed time what it should get response(Default 1500msecs).

Regards..
Ms Black
Super Contributor.

Hi Michael,

what timeout value did you keep?

Swati
velten james
Respected Contributor.

you can also change the timeout value for ssh in the global setting file, u can find this file in managed discovery resources and then increase the value in the ssh protocol or you can increase in the script aswell execmd(xxx,timeoutvalue)..

James
Michael Levitan
Super Contributor.

Hi Dmitry,

I tried run the jar file as you suggested but I got the following error: â License not accepted, exitingâ

What kind of license do I need? Is there additional parameters that I need to use?

Thanks,
Michael
Michael Levitan
Super Contributor.

Guys,

Thank you all for your replies.

I increased the time out but it didn't help

Any ideas?
Fevzi
Honored Contributor.

Hi Micheal
Can you please update communication log?
it gonna help us
Dmitry Shevchenko
HPE Expert

No clue what kind of license it asks for. I ran mindterm.jar many times in the past while troubleshooting SSH connections and it always worked like a charm.
Michael Levitan
Super Contributor.

I downloaded the new version of the client and tried it manually and it works fine. But when it tried to run SSH discovery I got the following error: â SSH: Internal error. Details: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mindbright/nio/NetworkConnectionâ .

Please advice,
Michael
Michael Levitan
Super Contributor.

I managed to resolve the problem with the mindterm client, but I still get â SSH time outâ error.

where i can find communication log file?

Thanks,
Michael
Michael Levitan
Super Contributor.

I checked the communication log and the connection was successful. I got the SSH time out on OS detection and it happens because this is ILOM discovery and there is no OS installed.

thank you all for replies,
Michael