UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Report detailed - CI's Candidate for Deletion

Highlighted
ESPOSITO
Super Contributor.

Report detailed - CI's Candidate for Deletion

Hello,

I know this a report which summarize only Ci's Type which are candidate for deletion ....

I know you can manually edit all Ci's Instance which are candidate for deletion, in the UI, in one of the Ci's Life Cycle Tab ....

My question is : is there anyway to create a "new" report which can list all the instances below, and finally i could planed this report to check all these instances "individually" ????

Using 10.01 version or 10.10 version ..

Thanks in advance,

4 REPLIES
PuneetS
Honored Contributor.

Re: Report detailed - CI's Candidate for Deletion

There is an attribute "Is candidate for deletion" in all CI types, you can use this to create an report.

Select the desired CI type and create a TQL with node condition "Is candidate for deletion is True"

Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'
PuneetS
Honored Contributor.

Use attribute "Is candidate for deletion" to create a report.

Node condition would be "Is candidate for deletion is True"

Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'
Rutger
Honored Contributor.

Hi Esposito,

I'm not sure if I understand your question properly.

You're saying you'd like to create a new report listing all CI's of a certain type that are Candidate for Deletion?

Or you'd like to know about manipulating the Lifecycle report?

As it is, there are two reports doing Aging reporting out of the box, the Lifecycle report and the Custom Report "Delete Candidates Report". The former shows CI's which are Candidate for Deletion with the Actual Delete Time. You can use the filter button to show parts of the list based on attributes "Actual Delete Time", "CI Type","Display Label","Last Access Time" and "Updated By".

Like you indicate correctly the latter only shows the CI Types and numbers of CIs which are Candidate.

If you'd like something else, create a new report, I'd suggest using the Modeling Studio.

Create a new Pattern View, drop in the Managed Object, set a query node property "Is Candidate for Deletion" with value True and you'd get a similar list as in the Lifecycle report.

You could also play with the "Candidate for Deletion Time" value there.

Can you be a bit more specific about what you want the report to look like?

Cheers,

Rutger

ESPOSITO
Super Contributor.

Hi !

Thank you for your reply ...

I'll try to give you much more explanations ...

The Aging reporting out of the box, the Lifecycle report shows CI's which are Candidate for Deletion with the Actual Delete Time. You can use the filter button to show parts of the list based on attributes "Actual Delete Time", "CI Type","Display Label","Last Access Time" and "Updated By".

=> how can i do

1/ if i want to try other filters

2/ if i want to schedule this report automatically (and send by email also)

I seek about the TQL which is hidden behind ;-) but without success

The Custom Report "Delete Candidates Report"only shows the CI Types and numbers of CIs which are Candidate.

I can only select datetime as parameter and can't mak appear all Ci's Instance .. BUt i can schedule it (and so send by mail)

Finally, what i want (hope !) to do is tu "use" a report very similar than the former one, and that i can schedule and send by mail ...

I was thinking to just re-used TQL on which is built the former one, but i'm afraid to have to create 'from scratch" a new one ...

Finally, i wonder someone here has had the same goal than me (about this kind of report) ...and so could help me to achieve my goal ...

thanks in advance