UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on HP UD license count

Highlighted
Student2912
Regular Collector

Query on HP UD license count

Hi All,

We are using HP UD 10.20 on Windows OS.

I have question regarding licensing of HP UD.

We have a perpetual license with 4800 count for HP UD. We are doing agent less discovery of servers(Windows, Unix and VMWares).

Please can anybody help me with answers to the below few points.

1) Do we require to have the licenses in order to perform the discovery even if we are doing agent less discovery?

2) The license count which we have is 4800 and the nodes which we have discovered has crossed over 5000. The status shows "Non-compliant" but still we were able to perform the discovery even when the license count got exceeded. Please can you let me know upto what limit can we discover even after the license count is exceeded and when UD will not allow me to further perform the discovery.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES
James_Athi_Raj
Collector

Re: Query on HP UD license count

1) Do we require to have the licenses in order to perform the discovery even if we are doing agent less discovery?

Yes, you need  license for both agent and agentless.

2) I dont think any limit set for that.. but as per the license policy you should not discover more than the purchased OS license count.

Regards,

James

Student2912
Regular Collector

Hi James, 

Thanks for the reply. 

This is quite strange that when we have a certain count of license we are able to discover more then that in HP UD.

Thanks

Rutger
Frequent Visitor

If you'd clear out all existing node CIs and re-run discovery, do you still get more than 5K new nodes?

These are all Computer nodes, i.e. entities talking some Shell protocol and running an OS?

I believe the licenses refer to Operating System Instances, so OS's effectively discovered by UD.

Do you have any other data coming in from other sources, like HP AM or 3rd party repositories?  

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event