UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern Graph Contains Separate Graphs which are not allowed in Selected pattern Group

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

Pattern Graph Contains Separate Graphs which are not allowed in Selected pattern Group

Hi All ,

Here is the Situation where in our organization we have few Chassis(Enclosures) which Hosts quite a few Servers and Firewall Switches we currently loading the data using a third party discovery tool ,But we have no issues in getting the for Chassis or Servers or Switches but we do have issues when i try to Create a simple Enrichment Rule to create the Relationships .

Here what i trying to achive

Create a Rule to create a Containment Rule between Chasis and Servers

When Create the Rule it Swiftly comes back throw an error sayin stated below

"Pattern Graph Contains Separate Graphs which are not allowed in Selected pattern Group "

It does Work if i try to do the same from IT universe Manager but its not intuitive as I have to do this Manually which we dont want to do we want this to be created as Enrichment Rule and schedule it to run once a day

Anu sussgestion would be a great help :)

Thanks in Advance

4 REPLIES
PuneetS
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: Pattern Graph Contains Separate Graphs which are not allowed in Selected pattern Group

Hi,

Your method seems incorrect as there should be a basis for the system to know which Chasis will be linked to which server, suppose your enrichment rule would have worked (which won't), it would have created a Containment relationship from all chasis to all servers.

So what you need is some logic or something common b/w Chasis and Server which you have to include in the "Query Mode", an example can be a common attribute b/w Chasis and Servers which can be used for "Virtual Join" relationship.

Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'

Re: Pattern Graph Contains Separate Graphs which are not allowed in Selected pattern Group

Hi Puneet ,

Here is little breif explanation what i have been trying to achieve,

I have Dedicated Chasis(Enclosure )and a Server in our Pre Prod Server currently we have not enabled any Discovery on this so only approach would be either create from IT universe Manager which would be manual and is working fine .

From Enrichment Rule Perspective .

Step 1 In Query Mode ,I have Selected the Chasis with Query as Display Name ---Equal to (ignore Case --then the Chasis Name .

Step 2 .Still Query Mode I have Selected the Server with Query as Display Name ---Equal to (ignore Case )--Then the Server Name .

Step 3 now i have Selected Erichment Rule there I Popped up with a Error message .

Even from Reverse Approach ,First I Selected the Erichment Mode then Query Mode --Nope Same Error message

Could you please tel me what does this mean

Thanks in Adavnce Bro

PuneetS
Frequent Visitor

Maybe you didn't understand my point, there should be a direct or indirect relationship b/w Chasis and Server, to insert a relationship b/w them.

Direct relationship can be a "virtual join" in which case you will compare the two CIs (in Query Mode), and then you will insert a relationship (in Enrichment Mode).

Indirect relationship can be both CIs are linked to same CI. lets say CIT is A. I would give an example below:

In "Query Mode" your TQL will look like:

A->Containment->Chasis and A->Containment->Server

In "Enrichment Mode" you will add a relationship b/w Chasis and Server.

The Idea is the nodes should not be "orphan" in the Query Mode, and there should be a direct or indirect relationship b/w them.

Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'
Dima Gomel
HPE Expert

Dear all,

I wanted to refer to the error message you're receiving: "Pattern Graph Contains Separate Graphs which are not allowed in Selected pattern Group ".

Please refer to the attched image. When it's perfectly corrected for view/reports, it's not permitted for enrichments.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event