UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

ObjectStateHolderVector reached its limit?

Highlighted
Asaf Valadarsky
Collector

ObjectStateHolderVector reached its limit?

Hi all,

I have created a costum discovery that scans a DB and then returns the records found as new DB CIs.

But i am getting this error:
Error occured while trying to execute operation Data In - Add Or Update Data.

The full error is:

<< Progress message, Severity: Fatal>>
Error processing results - appilog.framework.shared.manage.impl.MamResponseException: CMDB Operation Internal Error: class appilog.framework.shared.manage.impl.MamResponseException : [ERROR CODE- -2147483648] appilog.common.system.exceptions.AppilogDataException: CMDB Operation Internal Error: class com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.reconciliation.server.datain.exception.DataInException : Error occured while trying to execute operation Data In - Add Or Update Data &colon; operation Data In - Add Or Update Data &colon; operation com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.framework.world.operation.update.impl.WorldOperationCreateOrUpdateObjectBulk at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.manage.operation.impl.AbstractCommonOperation.execute(AbstractCommonOperation.java:88) at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.rpm.RequestProcessor.processRequest(RequestProcessor.java:157) at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.rpm.RequestProcessor.handleRequest(RequestProcessor.java:124) at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.Framework.handleRequest(Framework.java:260) at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.base.ha.controller.service.impl.LocalServiceAccessImpl.doHandleRequest(LocalServiceAccessImpl.java:37) at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.base.ha.controller.service.impl.AbstractCmdbServiceAccess.handleRequest(AbstractCmdbServiceAccess.java:49) at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.base.ha.controller.service.impl.AbstractCmdbServiceAccess.executeCMDBOperation(AbstractCmdbServiceAccess.java:37) at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.client.manage.ha.api.impl.ExecuteCMDBOperationInMode.performAction(ExecuteCMDBOperationInMode.java:34) at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.client.manage.ha.api.impl.ExecuteCMDBOperationInMode.performAction(ExecuteCMDBOperationInMode.java:25) at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.util.retry.impl.DefaultRetriableExecutorImpl.doExecute(DefaultRetriableExecutorImpl.java:36) at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.util.retry.impl.AbstractRetriableExecutor.execute(AbstractRetriableExecutor.java:37) at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.clien

<< Progress message, Severity: Fatal>>
Error processing results - appilog.framework.shared.manage.impl.MamResponseException: CMDB Operation Internal Error: class appilog.framework.shared.manage.impl.MamResponseException : [ERROR CODE- -2147483648] appilog.common.system.exceptions.AppilogDataException: CMDB Operation Internal Error: class com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.reconciliation.server.datain.exception.DataInException : Error occured while trying to execute operation Data In - Add Or Update Data &colon; operation Data In - Add Or Update Data &colon; operation com.hp.ucmdb.discovery.framework.world.operation.update.impl.WorldOperationCreateOrUpdateObjectBulk
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.manage.operation.impl.AbstractCommonOperation.execute(AbstractCommonOperation.java:88)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.rpm.RequestProcessor.processRequest(RequestProcessor.java:157)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.rpm.RequestProcessor.handleRequest(RequestProcessor.java:124)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.Framework.handleRequest(Framework.java:260)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.base.ha.controller.service.impl.LocalServiceAccessImpl.doHandleRequest(LocalServiceAccessImpl.java:37)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.base.ha.controller.service.impl.AbstractCmdbServiceAccess.handleRequest(AbstractCmdbServiceAccess.java:49)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.base.ha.controller.service.impl.AbstractCmdbServiceAccess.executeCMDBOperation(AbstractCmdbServiceAccess.java:37)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.client.manage.ha.api.impl.ExecuteCMDBOperationInMode.performAction(ExecuteCMDBOperationInMode.java:34)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.client.manage.ha.api.impl.ExecuteCMDBOperationInMode.performAction(ExecuteCMDBOperationInMode.java:25)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.util.retry.impl.DefaultRetriableExecutorImpl.doExecute(DefaultRetriableExecutorImpl.java:36)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.util.retry.impl.AbstractRetriableExecutor.execute(AbstractRetriableExecutor.java:37)
at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.clien

i have also noticed that i am getting this error in other discovery jobs (mainly host resources with full discover enabled)
is there a limit for "how may CIs" an ObjectStateHolderVector may contain?

Thanks in advance,

Asaf

P.S. This thread ahs been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

16 REPLIES
Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor

Re: ObjectStateHolderVector reached its limit?

Could you provide cmdb.reconciliation.log, cmdb.model.audit.short.log & mam.autodiscovery.log?
Asaf Valadarsky
Collector

Hi!

Here are the logs.

Thanks in advance,

Asaf
Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor

Well, do you use MS SQL Server as a database for UCMDB?
If so, why do you use Latin Collation and are trying to discover CIs with Hebrew data? :)

UCMDB documentation clearly states that if you want/need to work with non-English data, your DB should have proper collation (either UTF or of the same language).

Regards,
Alex.
Asaf Valadarsky
Collector

Hi Alex,

WOW mm good question! we got this DB when we first installed the CMDB and its the main DB in here...
Is there a way to work around this?
I am not searching for data with Hebrew in it.. or did i get you wrong?

mmm i tried in my script to use: Framework.sendObjects which resulted the same error...

Am i doomed for?

Thanks in advance,

Asaf
Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor

Well, according to the information supplied in logs, the problem lays down to Data Access Layer, hence deeper than the Discovery is.
One else question - is your DDM Probe installed on machine with Hebrew locale?
If so, could you change the locale to English and re-install the probe?
Asaf Valadarsky
Collector

Hi Alex,

Every thing is set to English (Hebrew is not installed..) The only thing is that the location is set to Israel - to change this to US and reinstall?

Thanks,

Asaf
Asaf Valadarsky
Collector

Also it is installed with Hebrew "Code page conversion tables", if that has anything todo...
Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor

Uhm...
O.K. It seems that it comes not from the discovery, so no need to shut down & reinstall the probe.

Could you check what's the default collation on your MS SQL DB? And what's the collation defined for particular DB (CMDB one) and specifically table CDM_TMP_STR?

Also, all regional settings on UCMDB machine.
Asaf Valadarsky
Collector

Hi Alex,

I did not understood what you want me to change in the probes environment? to change the Location from Israel to US?

The regional setting in the probe and in the dps server are the same, which means i have only english installed (keyboard) the default language is English but the location is Israel and there are several english encoding installed.

Regarding the SQL server:
The default collation is: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS (server master db collation)
The CMDB DB collation is: SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
The CDM_TMP_STR collation is: I couldnt find this table where is it supposed to be loacated?

Thanks in advance,

Asaf
Asaf Valadarsky
Collector

Also qutas are disabled (i saw it in some post) without improvement...

i just reinstalled the probe with location set to United States, hope it will have some effect...

Do you have any idea why the Framework.sendObjects didnt work as well?

Thanks,

Asaf
Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor

Table may be found (if exists) in the CMDB database schema.

Regarding the possible causes - could you temporary stop UCMDB & DDM Probes, change Regional Settings to US (English), re-start UCMDB & DDM Probes afterward and then see if it helps.

According to what you described, the only pitfall may be related to the fact that temporary table is being created with improper collation.
Asaf Valadarsky
Collector

to do a full restart of the computer?
or just the application restart?

Thanks,

Asaf
Alexander Arkhi
Honored Contributor

I believe Application should be enough.
But make sure that locale settings were applied beforehand.
Asaf Valadarsky
Collector

I am doing the restart now.

I noticed that there is a DB that has Hebrew collation on it but it is the profile DB i dont think there is any connection with th CMDB, or am i wrong?

Asaf
Asaf Valadarsky
Collector

Hi Alex,

still not working...
Do you have any more ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Asaf
Andrew Galbrait
Acclaimed Contributor

I am seeing this error as well, and my first thought was also that there were too many CIs in the OSHVector.

Have you gotten any further with this issue?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event