UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Notify when CI's attribute change

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
day_day_up
Honored Contributor.

Notify when CI's attribute change

Hi expert

is there any way to notify other system when a CI's attribute was changed.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

9 REPLIES
NagendraPaladi
Honored Contributor.

Re: Notify when CI's attribute change

If you are using BSM/BAC you have the option CI Status alert, you can create an alert for a CI change.

If you are using uCMDB, you have an option to create CI Change report and schedule it to your email, but this will not work like an alert. If required you can write some custom code and use the APIs available.

Regards,
Nagendra Swamy.
Dmitry Shevchenko
Acclaimed Contributor.

CI Status alerts can only alert on CI status change, not on CI attribute change.
Amit Erental
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Need some more info

Version ?

What is the business need ? Why do you want to monitor CI attribute changes ?

day_day_up
Honored Contributor.

Hi,all thans for ur reply.

my env: bsm9

our customer need us notify them when some special CIs' attribute changed. i thinnk uCMDB SDK can do this ,there is a interface QueryResultListener , but it is not working as i thought. can any one give me a example or demo about this?
Amit Erental
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

For the SDK, it should work, you need to be much more specific on what is not working

did you read "Changes and Incidents Component" on Service Health ? it may give you some other direction

In which way you need to notify the changes ?

day_day_up
Honored Contributor.

many thanks, i will read the docs carefully.

for example, we need open a ticket in SM when a CI's attribute is changed ,can i use uCMDB SDK? or is any OOB can do this?
Amit Erental
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi,

That`s depends on the APIs available or not by SM. also you may want to check SM forum (http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=695) or AM-UCMDB integration docs

For the listener it self, getting notification on CI attribute changes is supported by UCMDB APIs.

day_day_up
Honored Contributor.

is there any oob can do this? thanks
Amit Erental
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

The listener is not the issue here, its the operation with SM.

I am not an expert on SM, so I would have look for some OOTB solution if exist in the SM-CMDB OOTB integration

BTW, what is the logic here ? why a change in attribute value will cause new ticket in SM ?