UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel

Normalization rule showing two snmp.gz files after modification

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Nick2345
Outstanding Contributor.

Normalization rule showing two snmp.gz files after modification

Hi,

I am working on UCMDB 10.22 on windows with CP 18

I have changed snmp.gz file and made one mistakes while zipping the resources so now it is showing two snmp.gz files .

Here are the details 

1. to change CI type of one of the switch device I exported the normalization rule package and extracted the same.

2. open the ruleengine and unzip snmp file and modified the same with wordpad.

3.  I forgot to delete original .winrar file and to zip  modified file to .winrar

4. So ruleengine was having total three resources i.e.  scan/snmp/snmp

5. Mistakenly I packaged all resources and deployed it on UCMDB

When I came to know about two snmp resources, I have undeployed all resources from UCMDB and redeployed the correctd package(in which only two rules was available in rule Engine.(scan/snmp)

But just for verification I exported the normalization package and I found there are two snmp rules so modified rule is not taking place.

Please help me how to delete this extra package from UCMDB and I used winrar for 32 bits to make the rar snmp file which shows size difference like original was 700kb and new one is 400kb.

Regards,

Nick

2 REPLIES
Rey_L
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Re: Normalization rule showing two snmp.gz files after modification

There are a few ways to delete the second snmp.gz

1. Go to Adapter Managerment, find the second snmp.gz, right-click on it and delete it

2. Create a package in Package Manager with the second snmp.gz as the only Resource and Undeploy the Package

3. Try re-deploying the Normalization rule package from CP18.zip, its located at \CP18\packages\NormalizationRules.zip

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
Nick2345
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Normalization rule showing two snmp.gz files after modification

Hi,

Thanks for the quick help. It worked.

Regards,

Nick