I am working on UCMDB 10.22 on windows with CP 18
I have changed snmp.gz file and made one mistakes while zipping the resources so now it is showing two snmp.gz files .
Here are the details
1. to change CI type of one of the switch device I exported the normalization rule package and extracted the same.
2. open the ruleengine and unzip snmp file and modified the same with wordpad.
3. I forgot to delete original .winrar file and to zip modified file to .winrar
4. So ruleengine was having total three resources i.e. scan/snmp/snmp
5. Mistakenly I packaged all resources and deployed it on UCMDB
When I came to know about two snmp resources, I have undeployed all resources from UCMDB and redeployed the correctd package(in which only two rules was available in rule Engine.(scan/snmp)
But just for verification I exported the normalization package and I found there are two snmp rules so modified rule is not taking place.
Please help me how to delete this extra package from UCMDB and I used winrar for 32 bits to make the rar snmp file which shows size difference like original was 700kb and new one is 400kb.
Go to Solution.
There are a few ways to delete the second snmp.gz
1. Go to Adapter Managerment, find the second snmp.gz, right-click on it and delete it
2. Create a package in Package Manager with the second snmp.gz as the only Resource and Undeploy the Package
3. Try re-deploying the Normalization rule package from CP18.zip, its located at \CP18\packages\NormalizationRules.zip
Thanks for the quick help. It worked.