UCMDB and UD Practitioners Forum (Previously CMS)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normalization rule showing two snmp.gz files after modification

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Nick2345
Frequent Visitor

Normalization rule showing two snmp.gz files after modification

Hi,

I am working on UCMDB 10.22 on windows with CP 18

I have changed snmp.gz file and made one mistakes while zipping the resources so now it is showing two snmp.gz files .

Here are the details 

1. to change CI type of one of the switch device I exported the normalization rule package and extracted the same.

2. open the ruleengine and unzip snmp file and modified the same with wordpad.

3.  I forgot to delete original .winrar file and to zip  modified file to .winrar

4. So ruleengine was having total three resources i.e.  scan/snmp/snmp

5. Mistakenly I packaged all resources and deployed it on UCMDB

When I came to know about two snmp resources, I have undeployed all resources from UCMDB and redeployed the correctd package(in which only two rules was available in rule Engine.(scan/snmp)

But just for verification I exported the normalization package and I found there are two snmp rules so modified rule is not taking place.

Please help me how to delete this extra package from UCMDB and I used winrar for 32 bits to make the rar snmp file which shows size difference like original was 700kb and new one is 400kb.

Regards,

Nick

2 REPLIES
Rey_L
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: Normalization rule showing two snmp.gz files after modification

There are a few ways to delete the second snmp.gz

1. Go to Adapter Managerment, find the second snmp.gz, right-click on it and delete it

2. Create a package in Package Manager with the second snmp.gz as the only Resource and Undeploy the Package

3. Try re-deploying the Normalization rule package from CP18.zip, its located at \CP18\packages\NormalizationRules.zip

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
Nick2345
Frequent Visitor

Re: Normalization rule showing two snmp.gz files after modification

Hi,

Thanks for the quick help. It worked.

Regards,

Nick

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event